lost my battery cover.

foolie

Reaction score
Yup, bound to happen to someone sooner or later, noticed it was gone when I took it off the holster. Any tips on how to sweettalk a rep for a replacement? Haha

s-one

Reaction score
Dang the first Droid with duct tape! :)) Yea hopefully they can do something for you for free.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yup, bound to happen to someone sooner or later, noticed it was gone when I took it off the holster. Any tips on how to sweettalk a rep for a replacement? Haha

The replacement is only 4.99. Others that have had it fall off reported that. Some of the people that have it sliding off easy have been able to sweet talk a replacement for free. Other who lost the cover all ready have had to pay 4.99.

OP
foolie

foolie

Reaction score

The replacement is only 4.99. Others that have had it fall off reported that. Some of the people that have it sliding off easy have been able to sweet talk a replacement for free. Other who lost the cover all ready have had to pay 4.99.

Wait, so replacements are on site?! I should be good then if i hit up my store then right?

mjs31

Reaction score

Wait, so replacements are on site?! I should be good then if i hit up my store then right?

Verizon site under accessories for the Droid. Battery section.

medicTHREE

Reaction score

Prob not. I wouldn't expect them to have that. They don't have them for other devices unless they have an FRU lying around still.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Dang the first Droid with duct tape! :)) Yea hopefully they can do something for you for free.

Please! Since you are the first to use the ever hard to work with aformentioned repair procedure. Please supply detailed directions for such fix and multiple pictures totally documenting every step of the way: p

OP
foolie

foolie

Reaction score
i went ahead and ordered one online and should come on friday.
Will try my luck at the vzw store today as well.

andjarnic

Reaction score
I was thinking of trying to use that tacky stuff you can buy at stores to tack posters up on walls without ruining paint.. just a little bit around the edges or something.. to see if that will hold it on better. Very seldom replace a battery or need to open it.

OP
foolie

foolie

Reaction score
quick update
I was able to get a replacement cover at a local VZW store! However I correlated my issue to the verizon holster which i keep my droid in.

samredman

Reaction score
It amazes me that such a design flaw could have gone thorough all of their beta testing without being corrected. That cover comes off everytime I take it out of my pocket and anytime I let someone else look at my phone... the battery cover comes off in their hand, because they get the slide direction for the keyboard confused. I am very happy with the machine... but, that battery cover nonsense makes you realize that incompetence can't seem to be eliminated.

OP
foolie

foolie

Reaction score
Just curious, did the back of your batter cover have a padding? The replacement i got has one, much stiffer.