Lost my ADWLauncher dock

brianjcohen

Reaction score
I long-pressed on the "home" icon (the one that launches the drawer in adwlauncher) and dragged it north. When I released, the whole dock and launcher bar was gone, and I can't figure out how to get it back. Any ideas?

Thanks!

bigdad63

Reaction score
Not sure if you're pranking me or not but try touching where the button was and swiping down. Sounds like you activated the dock hide feature.

OP
B

brianjcohen

Reaction score
Nevermind, got an answer from TT-Droid in #koush -- swipe down where the launcher would have been, and you get it back.

OP
B

brianjcohen

Reaction score
Not sure if you're pranking me or not but try touching where the button was and swiping down. Sounds like you activated the dock hide feature.

No, I wasn't "pranking you." It would have been fine to just give the answer -- what was the point of putting me down like that?

3club

Reaction score

Thank you! I just had the same problem, lost my ADW dock, and that's the answer.

I just got ADW, and managed to screw it up the first day! I'm sure the developer did a god job, but what I don't see is a help option telling me about these "features". I'd be lost without you guys!

Reaction score
I don't know why he would consider it a prank either. It is a common complaint/problem asked by ADW users. On my Droid 1 it was very easy to do this as the phone has softkey buttons. After doing this a dozen times I finally found how to turn that off. It's not a problem on my X2 because it has hardware buttons, so you don't normally touch the screen. But I turned it off anyway.

zachdroid

Reaction score
Adw has a setting where you can run two docks one under the other. So you'd have one hidden. I like to hide it and the status bar to keep people out if my phone. :]

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

3club

Reaction score
Adw has a setting where you can run two docks one under the other. So you'd have one hidden. I like to hide it and the status bar to keep people out if my phone. :]

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

I like that idea!