OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you try doing *228 options 1 and 2?

Tell me you're joking. Puleasse. :)

I've not only done that I've also did a factory reset. And did options 1 and 2 after the factory reset. Still no go.:mad:

That's why I want to see how my wife's phone does. Will both go to the same web site. If she beats me I'm going to think something is funky with my phone.

M

Matth3w

Hey it had to be asked :)

Perhaps verizon is dicking around with towers in your area.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Well, I live in a rural part of town. Hell my whole town is rural. So I don't usually get 5 bars but 3G was consistent. Only a couple of times in the past did I see it go to 1x. Now it's either 1x or not at all.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score

Well, I live in a rural part of town. Hell my whole town is rural. So I don't usually get 5 bars but 3G was consistent. Only a couple of times in the past did I see it go to 1x. Now it's either 1x or not at all.

didn't this all start after you went back to stock?? off chance, if you're wifes phone is working (at least better than yours) maybe try rerooting and loading a different kernel.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

didn't this all start after you went back to stock?? off chance, if you're wifes phone is working (at least better than yours) maybe try rerooting and loading a different kernel.

No, my phone was working fine as of 2 days ago after I had removed the root. Further, it worked fine 15 miles away from my house. I really think it's a problem with a tower, but even if it isn't rooting is not the answer. I'd get another phone first.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Race Against Wife's Curve

With both of us going to Google, my Droid beat the wife's Curve. I was very slow loading but I did get there. She could not connect. She made several attempts and kept getting the "no data available" message.

This, along with my test yesterday at another location proves we most definitely have a signal issue. Now the only question is, how long will Verizon take to actually get to my ticket?

I plan on giving them a call again. Don't know if it will do any good or not but it's worth a try.

M

Matth3w

Sounds like they knocked out a tower or are doing some upgrade or something.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well at least you have a better idea now and it doesn't appear to be the phone... Tough had it been the phone it probably would have been a better/quicker fix.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Around 9:00 this morning I was happy to see that my phone was once again receiving full 3G service, with 4 to 5 bars for phone service. Verizon still hasn't contacted me but it appears they have fixed the issue.:icon_ banana:

M

Matth3w

Now they will contact you and tell you that you were an idiot for ever assuming there was an issue to begin with :D

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now they will contact you and tell you that you were an idiot for ever assuming there was an issue to begin with :D

lol, I could care less what they think of me. They know something was wrong and I know it too. :)