Lost My 3G

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has anybody ever mysteriously lost your 3G signal? If you have please share with me how you got it back. My wife's bb curve is getting 1XEV. I'm getting 1x. I tried posting in a thread but I think that thread is now buried.

I've called Verizon and they have a ticket on it. I'm using wiring right now. Frequently I have no service without wifi.

If anybody has a clue I'd love to hear from you.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Figured it out
Had to do..a factory reset

L

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry Hook, I've not run into this yet (well not with my Droid and finace's new phone) it used to happen regularly when we were on AT$T which is why I paid the ETFs and left.

Will be interesting to see what VZW says about your ticket.

Curious, are you stock or running a cooked ROM?

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry Hook, I've not run into this yet (well not with my Droid and finace's new phone) it used to happen regularly when we were on AT$T which is why I paid the ETFs and left.

Running stock 2.0.1 no root. I'm still having problems getting a 3G signal. Its got to be a tower issue. I should know by tomorrow.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

Running stock 2.0.1 no root. I'm still having problems getting a 3G signal. Its got to be a tower issue. I should know by tomorrow.

Yeah I'd say that is what is causing this...

Still sorry to hear that it's still not working though....that's got to be aggravating...:mad:

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Yeah I'd say that is what is causing this...

Still sorry to hear that it's still not working though....that's got to be aggravating...:mad:

The part that's really bugging me is why is wife's Blackberry Curve getting 1XEV. I'm having a hard time holding on to a cell signal.

Looks like I need to hit the road and see if it's like that everywhere I go. If it is, then I'll have a better idea if it's the phone or the tower.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've had this issue once or twice on the droid, it would be at 3g, and then randomly drop to 1x, i fixed it by just putting it in airplane mode and then bringing it back out so it started and stopped the radio. Worked fine in my case. But as i said this has only happened once or twice and that was prior to the latest update.

masterxchief

Reaction score
I've had this issue once or twice on the droid, it would be at 3g, and then randomly drop to 1x, i fixed it by just putting it in airplane mode and then bringing it back out so it started and stopped the radio. Worked fine in my case. But as i said this has only happened once or twice and that was prior to the latest update.

I do the same thing but it happens to me quite often, maybe like 2-3 times a week.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I just went to a Trader Joes about 30 minutes away from my house. In that parking lot I started surfing the web and I got a strong 3G signal, and 5 bars. Tried several different sites, worked great. Went in, did my shopping and tried it again. Same results.

I get home, pull it out of my pocket and no service phone or data. Got to be a problem with a tower in the area. I have called Verizon and I have a service ticket number. We shall see.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So any official word from VZW on your situation?

That would be a big Negative. They promised 48 hours, now they are back tracking saying that since it's with an engineer it may take another 48 hours.

I currently have 1x and 1 bar. I'm getting no service periods. If I didn't have wifi this thing would be in paper weight mode.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score

That would be a big Negative. They promised 48 hours, now they are back tracking saying that since it's with an engineer it may take another 48 hours.

I currently have 1x and 1 bar. I'm getting no service periods. If I didn't have wifi this thing would be in paper weight mode.

Wow... sounds like AT$T:icon_evil::icon_evil: Expected more from Verizon given their reputation.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Wow... sounds like AT$T:icon_evil::icon_evil: Expected more from Verizon given their reputation.

Just checked my service. I've had no service for 17% of the time since I last unplugged, about 2 hours ago.

If I hadn't seen the phone perform so well when I was at Trader Joe's yesterday I'd be on the phone asking them to send me a new one.

I'm going to see what happens on wife's phone when she tries to surf net. She as a Curve and if she gets on faster then I do, I'll be pissed.