Lost home screen

waltdews

Reaction score
Got off the plane, turned on my Driod X and no home sccreen and not menus. The phone picked up my email and text messages. But I can not access any programs. I can answer if someone calls and I can respond to an incoming text message but I can not start one. I have restart numerous times and pulled the battery several of those times. Anyone have any ideas how I can get out of this? I am a long ways from any Verizon store.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Got off the plane, turned on my Driod X and no home sccreen and not menus. The phone picked up my email and text messages. But I can not access any programs. I can answer if someone calls and I can respond to an incoming text message but I can not start one. I have restart numerous times and pulled the battery several of those times. Anyone have any ideas how I can get out of this? I am a long ways from any Verizon store.

Do a factory hard reset:

1. [FONT=&quot]Turn off phone/Pull the battery
    [/FONT]
  2. [FONT=&quot]Press and hold Power key + Home hard key to power on the phone and bring up a triangle with an exclamation point inside next to a green Android graphic.[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=&quot]Press Search hard key to show the Android recovery menu.[/FONT]
  4. [FONT=&quot]Tap to select "wipe data/factory reset" (you can also use Volume buttons to scroll up or down in this menu)[/FONT]
  5. [FONT=&quot]Press Menu hard key under "Ok" screen prompt (camera button can also be used to confirm selection)[/FONT]
  6. [FONT=&quot]Handset will ask you to "Confirm wipe of all user data"[/FONT]
  7. [FONT=&quot]Select "Yes -- delete all user data"[/FONT]
  8. [FONT=&quot]Press Menu hard key under "Ok" screen prompt to start wipeout of phone, handset will begin to format handset showing progress with multiple lines of ellipses (....) (camera button can also be used to confirm selection)[/FONT]
  9. [FONT=&quot]Handset may take from 5-20 minutes to format.[/FONT]
  10. [FONT=&quot]When format is complete, press Menu hard key under "Ok" screen (or use the camera button) when prompted to reboot (Reboot system now will be highlighted)[/FONT]
  11. [FONT=&quot]You will see either an open box and the green android graphic when handset is rebooting (or the red DROID eye graphic).[/FONT]
  12. [FONT=&quot]Handset will be cleared of previous personal data, and you will need to start over with initial set-up process.[/FONT]

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
i would just try a battery pull itself b4 i did the hard reset and if that doesnt work es hard reset will be the way you gotta go BayouFlyFisher stated

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Crazy idea. You could have someone text you a hyperlink to say, the sweeter home website, where you could download the apk for a home replacement and then instal it to see if you can get to the app drawer/marketplace.

tappin and a talkin

OP
W

waltdews

Reaction score
Fix complete

Battery pulls were no help. Did the hard reset as suggested and all is well. All I lost in the end was my actual arrangement of screens and icons and my email setting in K9 but those things were easy to fix. Thanks for the help, life is good again. dancedroid