Lost Google PLay

Limbwalker

Reaction score
Help . . My 6 year old grandson was playing DaVinci on my rooted Droid Bionic and pushed the proper buttons to uninstall GooglePlay. How do I get the app store installed back on my phone. I'm brand new to this rooted stuff and am just learning. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx . . . dancedroid

OP
Limbwalker

Limbwalker

Reaction score
Does anybody have a clue. I hate to think I don't have the app store anymore. Thanks . . .

OP
Limbwalker

Limbwalker

Reaction score
I am recently rooted, no custom rom yet. I am going to try the link. will update in a few. Thanks CJM . . .

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You might have to get root explorer. If you don't have it then you could get it from the browser version of the market/play store. Using root explorer copy the downloaded apk into /system/app, set permissions to ~rw~r~r then reboot.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

digitalzen

Reaction score
I had no problems with this link

No luck, I think that's just an update and I am missing the app entirely . . .

I downloaded from the Droid Life link, pulled down the information bar, touched the installation notice, gave the permissions, and it installed perfectly the first time. Rooted Thunderbolt, Froyo, LauncherPro, no custom ROM.

OP
Limbwalker

Limbwalker

Reaction score
Success, you guys are the bomb. I really appreciate your time and effort. My phone is whole again and life is wonderful. YaFreakinHoo . . . dancedroid