Lost data on sdcard after SBF back to 330???

bvjens31

Reaction score
So I had to SBF back to 330 before my GB OTA update would finally succeed. The update went fine and my phone has been quite snappy on rooted GB with blur-apps frozen with TiBa. Finally used the camera tonight to snap a pic of a bday cake I made for my fiance's neice, and I noticed that all my pictures were gone from my old install of froyo. I had no idea that SBF would touch anything on the SDcard. I thought all that stuff was safe, so I didn't back anything up before SBF. I take it that certain SDcard directories do in fact get wiped during SBF? What a bummer, my own fault for not asking first though...I just lost about a year's worth of memories :( Warning to anyone else who is failing the OTA update to GB and is thinking about SBF'ing to get it to go through...

Is there anything else on the sdcard that would've been wiped?

s_cuttic

Reaction score
I just did SBF to froyo last week and I still have all of my photos. I did the sbf twice actually but I did do a backup before wiping everything. I also did the TBH two part update and not the ota update.

Maybe your photos got moved to a different folder?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

silver6054

Reaction score
So I had to SBF back to 330 before my GB OTA update would finally succeed. The update went fine and my phone has been quite snappy on rooted GB with blur-apps frozen with TiBa. Finally used the camera tonight to snap a pic of a bday cake I made for my fiance's neice, and I noticed that all my pictures were gone from my old install of froyo. I had no idea that SBF would touch anything on the SDcard. I thought all that stuff was safe, so I didn't back anything up before SBF. I take it that certain SDcard directories do in fact get wiped during SBF? What a bummer, my own fault for not asking first though...I just lost about a year's worth of memories :( Warning to anyone else who is failing the OTA update to GB and is thinking about SBF'ing to get it to go through...

Is there anything else on the sdcard that would've been wiped?

Some people have reported issues with seeing the SD card after the GB update. Have you looked on the SD card with a computer. The SBF process doesn't impact the SD card at all. However, once the phone gets updated apps can of course change things on the card.

OP
bvjens31

bvjens31

Reaction score
I haven't looked at it via computer yet, but I did look through through the sdcard with the File Expert app and im not seeing my old pictures in /mnt/sdcard/dcim. Mustve gotten wiped by something. Everything else appears to have gotten left on my card though, like all songs and downloaded Laputa ebooks and Zedge notifications. Guess the Camera folder was the unlucky one..

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

silver6054

Reaction score
I haven't looked at it via computer yet, but I did look through through the sdcard with the File Expert app and im not seeing my old pictures in /mnt/sdcard/dcim. Mustve gotten wiped by something. Everything else appears to have gotten left on my card though, like all songs and downloaded Laputa ebooks and Zedge notifications. Guess the Camera folder was the unlucky one..

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
If possible, check on a computer as well. It may be something like the phone is mounting a new directory there, and when you look at the card on the computer the old dir will still be there. Well, that's my hope!