Lost Data coverage

whitty52

Reaction score
We are from Eastern Washington and traveled to Western Washington (Long Beach) for a vacation. As we arrived I noticed our mapping had quit and then we lost all data usage. Our phones work but no data usage available. Is this normal for the beach or is something else going on. This happened on both my wife's and my phone.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
are you in a remote area? i sometimes lose my data connection but my phone still works when i travel into a remote area of maine.

detox

Reaction score
i just wanted to visit forums and post my findings. Yesterday i lost all data on my device and i tried everything to get it back. I am rooted and after a flashed a kernel everything just dropped. i could only make phone calls and that was it. i tried switching roms, kernels, data/factory resets(including wiping cache and davlik) and with no avail i was stuck. i tried the ##778# method and eventually got 3g back but this should only be a temporary fix because you can lose 4g alltogether and may not be able to simultaneously use voice and data(on other threads i've seen one person say he has been able to). this method is known to verizon but is not condoned by them. Anyway what i had to do was take my device back to stock, no root, with s-on, and factory reset my device in bootloader in order to get my signal back. I since have re-rooted and restored a nandroid and everything is still working, so if you run into this issue and it is not on verizons end, this may be your only option. yes it is pita, but so far it is the only option other than the ##778# method. again the link i am providing is only to hold you over until you can prperly restore data to your device

##778# method by denonlake(op says ##778# but it doesnt work on my device. i have to use ##778 so i guess phones may vary)

Have you lost all data? Try this it worked for me! - xda-developers

return to stock thread by jcase

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1009423

also i would like to mention that there was no network issue in my area