1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Lost connection msg after root

Discussion in 'Rescue Squad Help' started by israel, Apr 30, 2010.

1. israel

israel New Member

so i've had my moto droid for 2 weeks and rooted it early this morning. i was running 2.1 so i flashed it to 2.0.1 using the instructions here:

How to Root Your Motorola Droid Running 2.1

i then completed the rooting process following the instructions on rootyourdroid.info. i believe i was successful as i now have the superuser icon w/my apps.

so here's my problem: when i went to open my dolphin browser i got a notification that said "You lost area coverage or network connection because..." (i know that there was a thread on this and the verdict seemed to be an issue with service, however, i do have service as i can receive calls and txts.) gmail/maps/etc. won't connect either. any ideas?

also a big thanx to everyone here for all the info you've posted that's gotten me this far!
  2. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

On your phone:

Menu -> Settings -> Wireless and networks -> Mobile networks -> "Data roaming" needs to be checked.

That's just shooting from the hip.

good luck
  3. israel

israel New Member

that totally worked. thanks man.
  4. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

Sweet! Glad it worked.