Lost Calendar App after 9/21 Droid Update

Healshaw

Reaction score
I updated my LG Ally Droid 9/21 and this morning everything seemed to work fine. Tonight I noticed my Skype app and one of my calendars won't work. I keep getting this message only on those two apps:
The application Android Home (process android.process launcher2) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
Force Close

I Force Close over and over and tried powering off and still get the same message. The picture icon also has disappeared. It now only shows generic Droid icons for both apps.

I uninstalled the Skype app and reinstalled with the same issue. I don't want to uninstall my calendar because there's info in there I NEED!

I read on this sight you could uninstall Launcher 2, but I can't find directions on how to do so. I not very tech savvy and would need them step by step. If anyone thinks that would fix the problem or has any other suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. I really need to get into that calendar!

Many Thanks!

paradux

Reaction score
I am having a similar problem since installing an update around the same time frame. I'm getting "LG Home (process android.process.lghome) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" also with the "force close" button.

I have also tried all of the above, removing battery, etc. Also, any apps that I downloaded (free and paid) have reverted to the generic droid icon and no longer work, including satellite flybys. All the original items seem to work (at least those I've tried).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--Liz