Lost Android Contacts Failed to Sync from Gmail Account! What to do?

leeRachell

Reaction score
I was composing a message and the phone got stuck when I was about to select the recipients. (Wanted to group send message so that’s why I was not answering directly.) After waiting for a while the phone was still not responding then I forced to shut down and turned it on again. Okay I again edited the same text and tap to choose receivers. Good grief! NO CONTACTS! EMPTY! Why? What happened?

I first tried to sync Gmail contacts back to my Sony Xperia, however when I logged in to Gmail and it was the same! NO CONTACTS!

Long story short, I finally found Myjad Android Contact Recovery which seems to be useful because I want simply the contacts. So is there anyone tried successfully restoring lost contacts with this program? Any advice? Many thanks!

marryee

Reaction score
I was composing a message and the phone got stuck when I was about to select the recipients. (Wanted to group send message so that’s why I was not answering directly.) After waiting for a while the phone was still not responding then I forced to shut down and turned it on again. Okay I again edited the same text and tap to choose receivers. Good grief! NO CONTACTS! EMPTY! Why? What happened?

I first tried to sync Gmail contacts back to my Sony Xperia, however when I logged in to Gmail and it was the same! NO CONTACTS!

Long story short, I finally found Myjad Android Contact Recovery which seems to be useful because I want simply the contacts. So is there anyone tried successfully restoring lost contacts with this program? Any advice? Many thanks!

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
While I don't know about that program, there are quite a few contact backup apps om the Google Store and some allow you to back them up to a DropBox account.

AndreasQ

Reaction score
Haven't tried it, so will be thankful if anyone helps with it...

vicarpity

Reaction score
phone > contacts > menu button > account > add account > (add your gmail account if its not listed) > checkmark sync options it might take a bit, but it should sync all your contacts back up with your gmail account. You can sync with facebook, twitter, myspace, corporate networks, and yahoo as well in the same way.

KathyBecky

Reaction score

I do not know what program you still have the possibility via Gmail on your pc restore contacts you. For it opens Gmail, top left click on the drop down menu to select contacts. Once the contact list displayed (which should be empty for your case) you click on the drop which is just after "add contact" and you can request a restore menu.