Lost all sound from my Droid

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by TwoBuells, Nov 13, 2010.

1. TwoBuells

TwoBuells New Member

Lost all sound from my Droid. Rooted, Running Chevy SS 4.91. Bluetooth is ok, stereo jack is ok but nothing coming from speaker. No Ringer, no vibration, no haptick feedback. Phone is not in silent mode, Help!

2. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen New Member

Haha, calm down. First thing. Backup rom, flash to different one. Id flash to CM or one you know will work from rom manager. That will tell you if its a hardware problem or a software problem....
  3. TwoBuells

TwoBuells New Member

I called Verizon and they said to do a factory reset.
    I had used easy root to root and ROM manager to flash roms. So I wanted to unroot just in case I had to take the phone back to the store. So I learned how to use RSD Lite to flash the SPRecovery sbf file. Unrooted, then flashed a FRG22D update.zip file. I did the factory reset and still no sound.
    Ok so they are going to send me a new phone and now I have a stock phone again, what should I do? Well lets root in again and learn some more about the phone. Easy Root did not like the stock FRG22D file so I had to root the SBRecovery way and used a file from Moto1 that did the trick. Than I used ROM manager to flash Clockwork Recovery and reinstalled Chevy01 SS 4.9. So I’m back to where I was and have a new phone coming this week. Now one of the reps said I might get a Droid 2…But than the last rep I talked to said no its going to be a Droid 1…..I can only hope……
    I know this was a round about way of doing things but I did learn a lot about the phone..maybe I can lose my nobe statusdancedroid

Update: sound fixed: Verizon sent me a replacement Droid 1
Search tags for this page
android incredible loses sound
android razr lost it's volume
dna droid 4.2.2 lost sound
droid loses sound

droid lost sound

droid m loosing sound
droid phone lost sound
i lost all sound on my droid razor, what happened?
i lost lost all sound on my droid razor. anyone know what ma

i lost the sound on my droid razor, what happened?

lost sound
lost volume on droid

my droid has lost its volume

razr m loses sound
razr m lost media sound