1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Lost 100 Contacts HELP!

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by dudeitsmattx, Jan 9, 2010.

1. dudeitsmattx

dudeitsmattx New Member

After re-booting my phone after it froze while using dolphin browser for the first I noticed just a little bit ago that in my contacts I only have 16 and I had over 116 in there before. That was the only thing new I downloaded so I don't have a clue of what is going on.. Any help would be great thanks!

*Edit* Also I did use the facebook app and I did sync my contacts then I signed off. Could it have something to do with that? Because I have herd some issues going on with that. And even when I sign in a sync all it still only shows 16. WTF!
  2. irishdroid

irishdroid New Member

Did you sync with your G mail account? As I understand it when you save a contact is stored in the Google cloud. I had to replace my Droid and all I had to do was sync with the G mail account and presto, they were back. I had to do the same with F.B. as well.
  3. dudeitsmattx

dudeitsmattx New Member

Would I have had to already sync them? Or do you mean the phone does it on its own when you add a new number, and I need to sync it to get them back?
  4. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Go into Contacts>>Menu>>Display Options>>choose contacts to show.....see whats checked....
  5. dudeitsmattx

dudeitsmattx New Member

Under that the only thing that is checked is "System Group: My Contacts"
  6. dudeitsmattx

dudeitsmattx New Member

Ahhh I check all other contacts and Im back to 132 contacts! Thank you so much you all are life savers! I was 5 mins away from going to Verizon haha!
  7. irishdroid

irishdroid New Member

Droid does it automatic. Like I said I had to get a new Droid all of my contacts that I manually entered were all there. Hit you menu button and go in to settings and go to accounts & sync. You should see your Gmail account and then sync to that.

I see you got it, good to know!