Loss of USB Storage Mode after Update?

ltclaybon

Reaction score
Greetings All,

I've enjoyed using Android phones for a couple of years now....A Big plus in that was the ability to plug into my computer then drag and drop files where I wanted.

It appears the 2.3.3 update has made that an impossibility, as now Windows says that the drive needs to be formatted. Then a Motorola installer pops up non stop that does nothing in particular.

Will a factory reset again enable me to use my phone as a USB storage device without all these extra hand holding prompts and such?

Again, to clear confusion...Before the update the process was like this
1. Attach USB
2. Select Mode
3. Move Files

Now it's like this.
1. Attach USB
2. Select Mode
3. Windows suggests I format the drive/Motorola Installer pops up.
4. Install Motorola....Nothing happens....Installer pops up again
5. Frantically search Internet for solutions
6.Beg Android Forum people for help.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
To clarify: you can access the SD card with the file manager on the phone, right?

Does the phone show stuff like “SD card unmounted” in the notification bar when you connect the phone in USB storage mode?

Nasa

Reaction score
I have no problems when I select USB Mass Storage. First thing was a window popped up in Chrome on my PC, (that is my default browser) with a Verizon V-Cast Media Manager ad page. Went to My Computer where I clicked on drive F: and all was OK. Putting it back to Charge Only, it took a little bit of time. I'm running the 4.5.606 and I rooted with 1 Click Root, Go Launcher and a lot of other extra stuff. All is working fine.