Loss of Haptic Feedback

justin.graeff

Reaction score
I've had my RAZR since November and it's been great! Other than a couple of minor hiccups it has treated me well. I haven't rooted it (yet) so it's completely stock. So far I haven't needed to do anything to it.

Anyway, over the past couple of days I have noticed a problem with the vibrate function. Everyone once in a while my Haptic Feedback will stop working. I will be typing a text message and after a few types it will just stop vibrating on keypress. When I finish and turn my screen off, if another text comes through it will vibrate. I will then go to type a response and it will stop vibrating again. Once it stops vibrating, nothing that has vibrating will work. If I let it sit for a while it will come back.

I suppose it's not too bad, but it gets kind of annoying. If I restart the phone it will come back, but it doesn't work for too long before it stops vibrating again.

Has anyone seen this before? Should I just take it to Verizon? I am well within the year mark but I don't really want to get another one because I'm afraid they'll just give me a refurbished one. Any suggestions? For the record, I have NOT done a factory reset, as I don't want to lose any of my apps.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I've had my RAZR since November and it's been great! Other than a couple of minor hiccups it has treated me well. I haven't rooted it (yet) so it's completely stock. So far I haven't needed to do anything to it.

Anyway, over the past couple of days I have noticed a problem with the vibrate function. Everyone once in a while my Haptic Feedback will stop working. I will be typing a text message and after a few types it will just stop vibrating on keypress. When I finish and turn my screen off, if another text comes through it will vibrate. I will then go to type a response and it will stop vibrating again. Once it stops vibrating, nothing that has vibrating will work. If I let it sit for a while it will come back.

I suppose it's not too bad, but it gets kind of annoying. If I restart the phone it will come back, but it doesn't work for too long before it stops vibrating again.

Has anyone seen this before? Should I just take it to Verizon? I am well within the year mark but I don't really want to get another one because I'm afraid they'll just give me a refurbished one. Any suggestions? For the record, I have NOT done a factory reset, as I don't want to lose any of my apps.

How often do you reboot your phone? Sometimes when I go a really long time between reboots I get strange things like this!

OP
J

justin.graeff

Reaction score
How often do you reboot your phone? Sometimes when I go a really long time between reboots I get strange things like this!

I usually reboot it once every couple of days. I usually have a reason to reboot it. Like, when my vibrate stops working =]

RaenofGod

Reaction score
Hi justin, I know this thread is a little old, but I have been having this EXACT same issue with my RAZR for the last month or so. Did you ever figure this out?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
RaenofGod said:
Hi justin, I know this thread is a little old, but I have been having this EXACT same issue with my RAZR for the last month or so. Did you ever figure this out?

I don't think there's a fix for this yet, or that I've seen. I could be wrong. But it looks like a reboot is the fix for now.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!!

OP
J

justin.graeff

Reaction score

I am pretty sure that I had an update come through that fixed it for me. It wasn't too long after that when I dropped my phone and broke the screen though. So, I ended up with a new one and haven't had that problem since. However, I seem to remember that I received an update a little bit after making this post that solved the problem.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
justin.graeff said:
I am pretty sure that I had an update come through that fixed it for me. It wasn't too long after that when I dropped my phone and broke the screen though. So, I ended up with a new one and haven't had that problem since. However, I seem to remember that I received an update a little bit after making this post that solved the problem.

So you're saying the last ota fixed this issue for you?

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!!

RaenofGod

Reaction score

Well that's slightly disheartening lol. I'm still having the issue :( I called verizon about it and their only solution was a factory reset.... I said eff that since I have so much crap on my droid from 3 generations of droids it takes me DAYS to get everything set up again. So if anyone hears anything on this, pass the gravy please :)

emarioc

Reaction score
Razr and Vibration Feedback Issues

Well that's slightly disheartening lol. I'm still having the issue :( I called verizon about it and their only solution was a factory reset.... I said eff that since I have so much crap on my droid from 3 generations of droids it takes me DAYS to get everything set up again. So if anyone hears anything on this, pass the gravy please :)

RaenofGod, TRUE THAT! way to many apps, takes me hours to get right again, even with a good backup

Been all over the net including the Verizon Forums. Folks have posted the things they have tried and found when testing. - Rooted or Not Rooted

1) Factory Reset / No Fix
2) Remove Apps that might be causing the problem / No Fix
3) Boot in Safe Mode to eliminate 3rd party Apps as the Issue / No Fix (I tried this one) BTW, some of account login were lost when returning to regular mode, strange. Also, some have remarked that if you try this in Safe Mode and it still fails to keep the vibration functionality, its a hardware problem. Some have replaced the phone, SAME thing again.

4) What people have said, happens with no rhyme or reason / True for me
5) If you shake the phone the vibration function returns to normal / True every time for me
6) Throwing it against the wall / fixes everything (just checking if your still reading)

Have had the Razr for 4+ months, did not do this before last week. It's like a demon has entered my phone and is taunting me! I think it may be a demon created by those other guys, you know the ones from the Bar.

Precision_

Reaction score
I have been having the same issue. I type a few words and it stops vibrating on keypad touch. I get a new text it will vibrate the first couple of words and it stops. I use swiftkey 3 and have it turned on in there and in the settings on the ICS update. If anyone finds any fixes it would be great this kind of drives me insane :blink:

emarioc

Reaction score
Next Step for Haptic Feedback Issue

I have been having the same issue. I type a few words and it stops vibrating on keypad touch. I get a new text it will vibrate the first couple of words and it stops. I use swiftkey 3 and have it turned on in there and in the settings on the ICS update. If anyone finds any fixes it would be great this kind of drives me insane :blink:

I am getting a replacement phone from Verizon on Monday. I will posted my findings when I have the chance to exercise the phone. :angry:

Precision_

Reaction score
I am getting a replacement phone from Verizon on Monday. I will posted my findings when I have the chance to exercise the phone. :angry:
For mine at least that whole shake it thing works. And it usually stops once I shake it and it's fine again for a while. Let us know if the replacement works

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Just stumbled on this thread, as I was having the same problem with my Droid Maxx. Nothing helped until I tried the "shaking solution", and that did the trick (at least for now). Thanks, emarioc!!