Loss of 3g and reboot

Frow

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Are you able to determine what causes it to happen or is it random? If you try and cycle your airplane mode on and off does it cause the phone to reboot?

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

i don't have any idea why it does it, very random, it hasn't done it for a week, not to say its not happening while i'm not looking at it, but i know cycling off works and then i tried mobile network turn off and on and that worked. idk if that different form the airplane mode or not, not has caused it to reboot unless i reboot

jwgraves

Reaction score
Had the exact same thing happen to me yesterday. Tried checking weather or something and phone said it had no internet connection. I notice it has no 3G at all, I go to my network toggle and was going to try turning airplane or sync option off, but I think before I could even touch it, the phone rebooted.

I have no idea how often the phone reboots since it could be doing it in my pocket all the time without me knowing, but this is the second time I've witnessed it losing 3G and then rebooting. I've had the phone since the first day it came out on VZW. Still love it though.

boomerang

Reaction score
Mine does this but I have it set in the battery manager to do so after 15 min of inactivity. Id go there and check your settings.

jwgraves

Reaction score
Mine does this but I have it set in the battery manager to do so after 15 min of inactivity. Id go there and check your settings.

I must be confused...you have it set to do what in the battery manager? I have my battery manager set to 'Nighttime saver'.

boomerang

Reaction score
Within those battery profiles there is an option to turn data off after so many minuets which could explain your loss of 3G.

jwgraves

Reaction score
I changed my battery mode to 'performance mode'...maybe this was it. I hope so. Although the 'nighttime saver' says it will not sync data between 10PM and 5AM and I know the problem occurred in the middle of the day, but who knows. Definitely worth a shot. Thanks for the tip.

boomerang

Reaction score
If you do custom, then touch the sprocket you can set all that up yourself.

OP
T

tennvol

Reaction score
I've had mine set to performance as long as I've had the phone. The loss of "3G" (but still a signal) is odd and all but what about the reboots when I try to toggle airplane mode.

akasirro

Reaction score
Lost mines too yesterday in Omaha. Still hasn't returned... jw keep us posted

eus107709

Reaction score
I traveled overseas with my Droid Pro and was roaming (obviously) the entire time. Very often when I would have weak signal, the phone would scan for other networks which often caused the phone to lock up and eventually reboot. I noticed it happening when I would switch between carriers too. When traveling by train, the phone would always reboot when switching between T-Mobile, Vodaphone, and O2. FWIW, i tried Global as well as UTMS/GSM only modes. Guess it has something to do with the radio.. ?

OP
T

tennvol

Reaction score
Man that's not good. I travel to the uk alot and usually use O2 since they are the best carrier to use inside my in laws stone house in Scotland.