Losing video when transfering to computer

Shorty35424

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I took a few videos today, and when I went to transfer them to my computer I noticed only some of them had the video portion still. If I try to play some of them (on my computer) I only get audio. They play fine on my phone though, so I know they worked initially, and it didn't happen to all the videos, any suggestions?

evereddie

Reaction score
I bet this is a computer resources issue. The videos are in 720p and it takes a good computer to play them. It happens on mine if I have much of anything open. It plays better if I use VLC player.

OP
S

Shorty35424

Reaction score
Alright, so it did play in VLC, but it shouldn't have to, some of the ones that do play are long and others are short... Doesn't seem that file size is the problem.

evereddie

Reaction score
It doesn't have to do with file size but rather content. Since this is a compressed format the complexity of the video in each frame and how much movement or how much updating from frame to frame the codec has to do is the key. Try shooting a video with only one fixed object against a white wall. It will play just fine and no matter how long it is.
What are the basic specs of the computer. How much other stuff is launched or running in the background. Have you ever played this kind of High Def video on this computer before.

OP
S

Shorty35424

Reaction score
Ok, i understand. They are all of the same thing though (a karate demonstration), so still not sure why some worked and some didn't. I have an Intel i7, 6gb of ram, and an Nvidia GeForce GTS 360M.