1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Losing Root Access!!! Please Help!!!

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible 2 Hacks' started by uo959, Jan 3, 2012.

1. uo959

uo959 New Member

I rooted my DInc2 by the downgrade to 2.3.3 then using Revox. Worked fine for a while then I screwed something up by freezing/uninstalling something, because I kept getting an android.process.acore unexpectedly closed error over and over to the point that I couldn't do anything. So I did a factory data reset and still had the Superuser apk in the app drawer and when I would open Titanium Backup Pro it said it couldn't gain root access. I have tried fixing permissions and it makes it work until I try to restore something then TB will act is if it is restoring the app but it doesn't do anything. I updated the SU apk and binary to the latest version. I have searched and searched but I have found no permanent solution. Any help would be appreciated.P.S. I came from a Droid X rooted with CM7 Nightly and have lurked on these forums and others for a while.
  2. ABQNM

ABQNM New Member

Congrats on the first post although it seems you have been around a bit!

As to the issue, I would recommend restoring a nandroid backup from when it was working. Or you can try flashing su again in recovery as that will remove the old su and install again (not sure how you updated above, but with your errors, I would go this route). If you are going to run fix permissions, run that before you install the su.zip because it will set its own permissions.

Personally I would say the best method at this point is just restore a backup though as there is no way for me to know what you changed as there could be more wrong.
  3. ABQNM

ABQNM New Member

Congrats on the first post although it seems you have been around a bit!

As to the issue, I would recommend restoring a nandroid backup from when it was working. Or you can try flashing su again in recovery as that will remove the old su and install again (not sure how you updated above, but with your errors, I would go this route). If you are going to run fix permissions, run that before you install the su.zip because it will set its own permissions.

Personally I would say the best method at this point is just restore a backup though as there is no way for me to know what you changed as there could be more wrong.
Search tags for this page

android keeps losing root

android lose root

dinc2 lost root

droid x lost root access

fix losing root access
how do you lose root access
i keep lossing root access on my android

keep losing root

loosing root access

lost root access

lost root android