Losing Downloaded Pics/Music

hcrawford0

Reaction score
When I first got my droid (Feb 2010 issue), I could download music and pics from the Internet and they went straight to SD card. Even after the Froyo nightmare, I still was able to download these to my SD card, clear my download history, and find the items with no problem.

Now everytime I clear my download history, I lose my downloaded pics and occasionally music. Why is this? Does anyone know why it didn't happen before but is now? Thanks.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
When I first got my droid (Feb 2010 issue), I could download music and pics from the Internet and they went straight to SD card. Even after the Froyo nightmare, I still was able to download these to my SD card, clear my download history, and find the items with no problem.

Now everytime I clear my download history, I lose my downloaded pics and occasionally music. Why is this? Does anyone know why it didn't happen before but is now? Thanks.

What do you mean lose your downloads... Everything should be on /download folder on the sd card.

I am still on a Froyo Rom and never had an issue.. Are you rooted ?

OP
H

hcrawford0

Reaction score
I show the pictures in my gallery and in the Astro file mgr /sdcard/downloads. But if I go into my download history (open the browser, hit menu, choose more and tap downloads) and delete each of the downloads from the download history screen, the picture disappears from my phone. Forever. I was just wondering if there is a way to delete/clear your downloads history without removing the download from the phone/sd card.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Not on the stock browser.. i didn't even realized it did that but if u delete from the history it will delete the file from the phone.

Try an alternate browser there are plenty to choose from on the market.