Losing Calls?

hoosiermama

Reaction score
I have a Motorola Droid, as does my son. We both both them on 4/10. We both have continual problems with dropped calls. This weekend is about the last weekend we can do a 30 day exchange.

For those that have the Incredible, is it any better at not losing calls? I think the "sensor" that's supposed to turn the screen off on the Droid while you're on a call just doesn't work very well. It's frustrating that a "phone" doesn't handle what should be it's primary purpose very well.

Thanks for the input.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a Motorola Droid, as does my son. We both both them on 4/10. We both have continual problems with dropped calls. This weekend is about the last weekend we can do a 30 day exchange.

For those that have the Incredible, is it any better at not losing calls? I think the "sensor" that's supposed to turn the screen off on the Droid while you're on a call just doesn't work very well. It's frustrating that a "phone" doesn't handle what should be it's primary purpose very well.

Thanks for the input.

If you're having dropped calls the I would suggest you have Verizon come out and check your signal. The Droid is as good as any other phone in delivering the basic phone experience. Nothing was sacrificed in that area, all my calls are clear, crisp, and I have not experienced a dropped call since I purchased mine in November 2009.

Hope you figure it out.

Mule65

Reaction score
I returned my Droid because of phone reliability.

OP
H

hoosiermama

Reaction score
If you're having dropped calls the I would suggest you have Verizon come out and check your signal. The Droid is as good as any other phone in delivering the basic phone experience. Nothing was sacrificed in that area, all my calls are clear, crisp, and I have not experienced a dropped call since I purchased mine in November 2009.

I don't think it's the signal. I called 611 this morning, and as I was on the phone with him the phone continued to dial random numbers :icon_eek:, but at least I didn't lose the call. Last time I called customer service, the call was lost three times, and they kept calling me back.

We're going in to the store this afternoon to get new phones, and they are waiving the $35 restocking fee for both of us.

Thanks for the feedback on the Incredible.

barbee

Reaction score
i can count on 2 hands the number of dropped calls in the past few years on verizon. and everytime it happened i was hearing banjo music lol. here around east TN the coverage is amazing.

buckfill

Reaction score
Up until today, I would've said that dropped calls were non-existent outside of the normal bad areas.

However, I worked from home today and was on the phone for several hours. I lost 4 calls! It was almost embarrassing. I do have a VZW network extender sitting about 10 feet away, so I'm not sure if that's having issues? The only reason I want to rule out the NE is because I've had it since I bought my Moto droid and NEVER lost a call in my own house. There's a noticeable difference when you're on the NE than when on a tower, but nothing bad at all. It's more of a milisecond delay issue. Callers on the other end don't notice it, but I do and have to be careful because it's very easy to talk over each other.

So, I'm sitting here tonight looking at my Inc and the box it came it....looking over at my droid that is up on Ebay....thinking.... I friggin' love this thing. Batt, Sense, software has all been remarkable. I just can't handle the dropped calls.

Maybe it's something that will get fixed someday with an update??