losing apps

Wildcat067

Reaction score
I'd like to avoid formatting it for now, but I imagine this probably affects other users.
The problem is this: after c my phone from a USB connection to PC, the internal SD storage does not seem to be remounting correctly - about 8 or 9 apps form Amazon or Get Jar (mostly larger games) which have been moved to the media area and utilize the internal SD for data storage do not show up in the app drawer; rather I get a greyed out icon.
There seems to be no rhyme or reason to what shows up and what doesn't. Rebooting does not fix it every time. Re-plugging into USB and disconnecting again (or using PC Mode vs Mass Storage mode) does not seem to have any effect on it, either.
My BIONIC is not yet rooted and no major modifications.
Ideas? Anyone else with this issue?

DrZenga

Reaction score
Switch to internal storage for now until the update starts rolling out. I think that's what I've heard, but that could be for something else.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

gsDroid

Reaction score
Go to Settings > Applications > Manage applications > Media tab. Any apps there that have a check mark are stored in a memory area that can/will disappear. Touch each app with a checkmark and choose Move to phone. Then it won't disappear. You might have to reboot after moving all the apps to phone, where they are supposed to be.

geoffwhite18

Reaction score
Does the update that's coming out for sure fix this issue? Man it sucks to lose all my progress in angry birds! LOL!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums