1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Loosing Bars with Verizon AND Wireless

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by zuyzuy, Jul 19, 2010.

1. zuyzuy

zuyzuy New Member

Hi,

I had my Droid X since the release days. It constantly have dancing bars. It goes from 1 up to 4 and down to 3 or whatever random things it can do.

I live in the state of Oregon and this happen in Portland or any rural areas. One minute i have 5 bars and the other minute I have 1.

The wireless at home does the same. So between those two indicator its a dance!

It totally sucks! Any have the same problem? I used to be with ATT and planning to switch over again now.. or try the Droid Incredible.
  2. rmp459

rmp459 New Member

mine is all over the place... def some weak wifi sensitivity, but it has yet to drop a call...
  3. benningtonr

benningtonr New Member

Got mine on Thurs, tooking it on a 500 mile road trip over the weekend and had no issues, zero.
  4. zuyzuy

zuyzuy New Member

I have my friend here with the First Droid, we're standing next to each other. She has no issues.. so got to be something with the phone...
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  5. intodeep

intodeep New Member

My 3G signal seems to fluxtuate a lot too :(
  6. ChugIt

ChugIt New Member

Because AT&T has such great signals? :rofl2:
  7. zuyzuy

zuyzuy New Member

Actually where I live it does..

Now that I know it is a Droid X issue.. I will contact verizon and try to take action that way.. see if there is anything they can do.. Seems like Droid X might be a "rush job". I also had my battery go from 80% to flat in like 2 seconds.. what was that all about?
  8. JP 5.56

JP 5.56 New Member

I've got the original Droid and my bars are always fluctuating. I've never had a dropped call and never have noticed any network slowdown except for when I've actually got ZERO signal, which only happens in one particular building I go in sometimes.
  9. tmoney2007

tmoney2007 New Member

The battery meter probably has a learning algorithm. Charge it up completely and run it until it shuts itself off a couple times and you'll probably get a more reliable meter.

As for the wireless signal, you might have a lemon phone, see what Verizon might to do rectify the situation. Mine drops out of 3G coverage when I stop using data for a long time, but it picks it back up when I open up an app that uses data. This might be some kind of software issue that can be fixed.
  10. pitbullguy

pitbullguy New Member

The battery issue is a known problem with the droid and is being addressed in the OTA that is to be pushed to all Droid X devices starting today. It is not a reliable indicator of your battery power currently. Mine was at 10% on the handset and then I turned it off, plugged it in and showed 50%. Should be fixed with the OTA.

My signal is also all over the place, but nevr a dropped call. I have the Network Extender at home and will frequently check the actual signal strength through device status. The signal is actually really great - -65dcb but I usually only show 1 or 2 bars.

I am wondering if this is the same issue as the battery status meter as well.
  11. Taurus

Taurus New Member

Now take it easy i just want to throw this out there...

you all know that the bar indicators by no means is an acuurate measurement of you phone's signal since your phone uses digital signals and not analog, right? :icon_eek:
Search tags for this page

droid x, no bars one minute four the next

signal goes up and down with verizon extender

verizon wireless signal fluctuates from -71 to -106 standing

why are my verizon bars going up and down

why does my verizon wireless one bar to four bars

with verizon extender bars fluctuate between 0 and 4