Loose USB port - Calling tech support BUT...

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
My USB port is loose to the point that no connector will stay set if any tension whatsoever is put on the wire.

i.e. the car charger wont stay connected, simple gravity unseats it.
USB cable comes out as soon as I there is any tension on the wire.

So I'm going to call tech support tomorrow.. I'm still 3 days away from my 1 year so I should be covered..

BUT..

I'm rooted and running MIUI.

Do I need to flash back to stock before calling them or will the tech on the phone not ask me to tell him what version of the software I'm running etc??

I know I cant go directly into a store with the current setup, which is why I'm going to call first.. but I still might end up going into the local corp. store on monday if the call dosent get results.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Unfortunately, a loose USB isn't always covered by warranty. When I used to work as a Motorola certified technician, it was almost NEVER covered by warranty.

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
my usb is loose as well and I just got the phone 2 weeks ago they told me in the store the other phones are like that

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When I called about an issue with my phone, they never asked for software information. If they exchange it, you'll need to revert back to stock.

brando56894

Reaction score
I have the same problem with mine, its 9 months old. The only time it really annoys me is when Im using it in the car since the GPS, Slacker or Mixzing, and constantly on display drains the battery really quickly so I constantly have to mess with the cord to make sure its charging.

For charging it at home I have the multimedia dock so it doesnt matter if the port is loose since it sits in the dock and gravity doesnt make it fall out.