loose Slider

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by biglu, Feb 2, 2010.

1. biglu

biglu New Member

I didn't see any other topic on this specifically.

I dropped my phone and now the slider goes up and down unevenly. If I try to slide it up from just one side, it gets hard because the other side isn't at the same level, I have to push it down directly from the middle of the screen for it to be smooth.
    I know this is from me dropping it but is there a way to tighten it back up or did I break something?
  2. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Yikes...My guess is, something's not right inside there...
  3. Benton

Benton New Member

Without taking it apart it may not be so easy to answer the question is something is broken or cracked. I have not disassembled a Droid but in reviewing the photographs of ones that have been taken apart I believe the issue is a bent stem that rides in the track on each side of the droid's "top" plate or a bent lip in the track itself. The physical distortion of the faulty piece(s) is probably not much dimensionally but allows enough lateral movement (perpendicular to the track) to cause the kb to bind when pushed from just one side. If my guess on the cause is correct, the sliding mechanism might wear unevenly to "loosen" the fit between the kb and top plates which will allow for easier closing when being pushed from one side but will also result in a noticable looseness between the two plates. If you have insurance you may want to keep an eye on it and see how/if things progress and if they get much worse...well, that's why you bought the insurance. If you are bold and without insurance you can try to disassemble and repair following some of the procedures others have mapped pretty well on the web (Google for it under Droid Teardown).
Search tags for this page
bent slider, droid 4 -app
diamond wireless
droid 2 global loose slider

droid 3 slider loose

droid 4 slider loose
fix loose droid 3
how to fix a loose motorola droid 3 slide up phone ?
how to tighten slide on moto droid 3
i dropped my slider phone and the slider is wobbly

motorola droid loose slider

tighten slidder droid 3
tightening up droid 3 slider