1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Looping Activation Screen

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jmjnicholson, Aug 8, 2010.

1. jmjnicholson

jmjnicholson New Member

Ok here is a good one...i had previously rooted to 2.2, then recently went back to unrooted 2.1 update 1 and then manually updated to stock 2.2 to make sure which version i wanted to run...(deceided on rooted). i once again used droidrootkit as i was successful on my first time and again on a friends phone. this time though was different. i am back to 2.0 but when i place the activate call, confirm successful activation and touch NEXT, it loops back to the activation screen (touch android) and makes me activate all over again, and again and so on. I again flashed the device, only to have the same issue arise and continue to plague me. I as of now, dont have a working phone and am wondering what I can do to try and fix this w/o having to claim insurance or have VZW send me a refurb...any help is appreciated.

note: I have plenty of nandroid backups of various roms/themes, as well as the manual update file for 2.2.
  2. christim

christim DF Super Moderator

Not sure why this is looping for you. When you call to activate does it say the activation process is complete? When I do this inside I don't have 3G at this stage and it always fails, so I have to go outside to get activated. Then I have 3G coverage.

I don't know what this droidrootkit is either. (I did just search and find it on the internet). Does it use Sprecovery? RSD Lite?

Also, if you are on android 2.0 you went waaay back:)

You have backups....for sprecovery or clockwork?

I'd use RSD lite to flash SPRecovery to then flash whichever rom you want. Guides exist in both links 1 and 3 in my signature.
  3. jmjnicholson

jmjnicholson New Member

Thanks Chris, I'm going to try your advice after this post...droidrootkit is a program that step by step roots, applies patches, custom boot ani, custom recovery etc...find it here...AGreen BHM's Droid RootKit

i've tried quite a few times since last night @ 8pm est to OTA my phone and each one has ended with a successful message at the end only to touch "next" and be brought back to the Touch the Android activation screen. I used to have ROMManager with Clockwork Recovery (which is what I used to backup all of my previous roms) but drk (droidrootkit) flashes a custom recovery which I can't remember which one, since its been so long since I first rooted. The only drawback is that once flashed, I am required to activate the phone in order to be able to place the phone in USB Debugging Mode. So w/o being able to activate, I'm lightweight stuck...thanks for following my post and any advice/suggestions are appreciated!
  4. christim

In SPrecovery you can mount the card to the computer without booting up. Do a x-boot to see which recovery tool you ended up with.'

The link you sent me to shows it is for windows, and currently it looks like it uses CW so you should be able to flash whatever roms you want if they are on your card.
  5. jmjnicholson

jmjnicholson New Member

Chris,

I guess right now then my only problem is that RSDlite isn't working...each and every time I place my droid in prog mode, attach to usb, start RSD, choose the SP sbf, it fails immediately. I'm not sure why, cause I used my friends laptop last night and it worked each and every time I flashed to 2.0.1. My laptop, however, isn't doing anything but failing on each attempt it makes to flash the phone, no matter what sbf I'm trying to flash...I'm going to make the trip back to my friends house and continue my attempts from there and once I get to that point I will update you on here...once again, thanks for your help!
  6. jmjnicholson

jmjnicholson New Member

Chris,

I was successful restoring one of my lost backups, but unfortunately it didn't fix my issue and when it booted it again prompted me to activate my device. I called Verizon and spoke to technical and they provided me with a backdoor programming method that I wrote down as she told it to me. It fixed my issue and I can make/receive calls but it has me data roaming even though i'm in my home network. Tech didn't have an answer to that other then that I don't have to worry about roaming. So here are the steps that worked for me to backdoor program my Droid by Motorola:

1) At the "Touch Android" activation screen, tap the four corners of the touch screen starting with the top left and moving clockwise. Make sure to tap in the black area of the touchscreen, just below the notification panel and above the "instructions" at the bottom of the screen. If done correctly, you will be presented with the home screen.

2) Tap the dialer and with the onscreen keypad dial ##7764726 and touch send.

3) Enter the SPC code 000000 (six zeros).

4) Tap the option "User Activation"

5) Enter your 10-digit cell phone number in the spots marked MDN and MTN.

6) Tap "CDMA SYS ID" and enter 31082* (this is for the Cleveland, OH market). *this part may be different for other users and they may need to find their specific ID.

7) Tap Home (bottom of phone) when finished and saved. Phone should reboot and once done, you can make a call. Data should be restored as well (in my case I show that I am data roaming).

This will fix the issue with the phone "Activation Loop" issue if anyone else experiences it.

UPDATE: Once you have your phone making calls and connected to the internet....if you are experiencing the issue of DATA ROAMING even though you are in your home area, this is how to fix it.

8) If you are experiencing DATA ROAMING in your home area, and you have followed steps 1-7, and you can make/receive calls and connect to roaming data do this........go to the dialer and dial *22899 and hit send. Allow this to program and you should see the roaming indicator disappear after it finishes.
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  7. christim

Glad it worked out and thanks for the excellent follow up too!
  8. makeshiftharmony

makeshiftharmony New Member

I too experienced this same problem. I'm hoping someone could elaborate more and maybe tell me why this is happening and is this going to troublesome in the future with updates and such. Again I had and did the same thing as the poster of the thread.
  9. StandardSanders

StandardSanders New Member

sorry to necro this, but I was having the same issue then I did the above steps.

after doing the above however I am able to browse the net, download apps etc, but not make phone calls, would anyone know what would cause this?
Search tags for this page
activation code hack for verizon droid
activation hack code vrison
droid mini activation loop
droid mini will not activate
droid x bootloop at verizon activation screen

droid x stuck in activation loop

hack activate verizon phone
how to get a verizon phone activation hack
how to hack verizon activation screen
s3 activation stuck in loop
verizon activation code hack android