1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

looped in the boot graphic

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by jchavez, Jun 30, 2010.

1. jchavez

jchavez New Member

I installed simply stunning v4.2 and when it restarts it loops in the droid and simply stunning boot graphic, help!!
  2. razgueado

razgueado New Member

First, boot into recovery and restore your nandroid backup. You DID do a backup, riiiiight?

Next, apply the BKAPPS update described in other threads here - if you're using ROM Manager, it's on the list that pops up when you tap to download Simply Stunning v4.2. After you've got BKAPPS installed, open a terminal (download JackPal's from the market). Type SU <enter> to get superuser permissions and then run BKAPPS -c <enter>.

When it finishes, reboot into recovery and wipe data and cache (factory reset) three times.

Then install Simply Stunning. Do NOT flash a different kernel - do that later when you're sure everything is working.

When SS finishes installing, reboot, tap the green Android, SKIP the tutorial, SKIP logging into your Google account, and answer the location question however you wish. Get to a home screen, and carefully remove all the desktop widgets from all the home screens. Open the app drawer, open Dev Tools, tap Terminal. Type SU <enter>, tap the allow button on the superuser dialog, then at the # prompt type RSTAPPS -c <enter>.

When RSTAPPS finishes running, type reboot <enter> and let the phone reboot. It should now boot up and, other than your desktop widgets, it should be ready to ready to rock and roll.

Now...if you didn't do a Nandroid backup, then you've begun to learn an annoying lesson. Boot to recovery, wipe, install SS, reboot, and wait while the Market redownloads your apps. Reconfigure your phone. And next time, don't be noob: nandroid. ;-)

Best,

Raz
  3. jchavez

jchavez New Member

thanks for the help, I did have a nandroid backup, I restored my phone and reinstalled the update, it worked now, but I have a question, what is the difference to have the apps installed in the sd card instead of the internal memory?
  4. razgueado

razgueado New Member

Moving apps to SD obviously will allow you to have more apps installed, and allows you to use apps that are extremely consumptive of storage space (like Flash or Google Earth) without having to give up some of your apps.

The downside is that apps on SD are likely to be slower, you won't be able to swap SD cards, and it will wear out your card faster - especially if you don't have a card with write-leveling capability. The conventional wisdom says you need to have a Class 4 card at least, and should have a class 6 or better card.

I use the stock card that came with my phone, but I only put applications on it that I don't use on a daily basis, and I back the card up to my computer often. Eventually I'm going to wear that bad boy out, and it isn't likely to warn me when it fails.

Glad you got your phone up, and I'm glad to hear you had a backup. Good on ya.