Looks Like Sunshine May Have Unlocked The Bootloader.

bigmatt503

Reaction score
I took a year for the bootloader unlocked!! 25 is a small price to pay for the work jcase and others put in.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Thanks. Been in a deep funk for a bit. Trying to pull out of it.

Sent from my X98 Air 3G(C5J6) using Tapatalk
Uptown funk you up...gonna uptown funk you up!?? Welcome back my friend..I'm sick as a dog.. But glad to see ya back...*breathing heavy to share with the forums..lol

gimpy1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
I just unlocked my bootloader last week using SUNSHINE. I haven't rooted it, yet. I'm hoping to in the next week or two. I'm not sure how to do it with out a little more reading. I need to be spoon fed each and every step of the way exactly.

I plan on keeping this phone for another year or two, hopefully. I figure paying $25 for unlocked bootloader was worth it since I was thinking about buying the unlocked pure edition for $400.

I'll see how it goes. I really only wanted root.☺

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

iiWoodstocK

Reaction score
I just unlocked my bootloader last week using SUNSHINE. I haven't rooted it, yet. I'm hoping to in the next week or two. I'm not sure how to do it with out a little more reading. I need to be spoon fed each and every step of the way exactly.

I plan on keeping this phone for another year or two, hopefully. I figure paying $25 for unlocked bootloader was worth it since I was thinking about buying the unlocked pure edition for $400.

I'll see how it goes. I really only wanted root.☺

EDIT: Just use this thread I posted. It's a full step-by-step unlike what I just edited here that was a mish-mosh of links.

Full write-up on bootloader unlock, custom recovery, root, xposed, and ROMs

Last edited:

gimpy1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
iiWoodstock, I just wanted to come back and thank you for your link. I am rooted now, thx to your link.

Claps1775

Reaction score
I did sunshine last night and my turbo is unlocked and rooted.

Claps1775

Reaction score
Good to see some unlocked phones ...

6s Plus
I cant stand a stranded phone. After my razr hd maxx went down when I updated to kk to use kk custom roms. I was sadden to see the loss in support for rooting/unlocking. But it has been getting harder for them to do. I would still be in my razr hd maxx if I would have just stayed on jb rom. O well. I got the maxx and it was already on 4.4.4. Not being able to do a lot I normally do with my phone hurt. I found a way around hotspot my phone WiFi. Had to use it for work. If I had the extra $200. I would buy a spare turbo. This phone will be around longer than most. Sick phone to this day. Sunshine devs made a new friend Sunday.

Claps1775

Reaction score
Just need to find a good stock debloated rom. Or find a list I can uninstall myself.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm sure you can find both ...one of our peeps here with Turbo can probably recommend one ...

6s Plus

gimpy1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
I would like to try this rom out. I am on Verizon's XT1254 5.1 version. I cannot get the latest official version (January 2016) to download it seems. I just get a blank white screen. Is your unofficial version current? It says it is a September release?

Claps1775

Reaction score
I would like to try this rom out. I am on Verizon's XT1254 5.1 version. I cannot get the latest official version (January 2016) to download it seems. I just get a blank white screen. Is your unofficial version current? It says it is a September release?

The latest update is from September. SU4TL-44. If your trying to use Sunshine, make sure your WiFi is in. You will be fine. If not, go to therootninja site and go into chat and talk to them. They will need what message you get if Sunshine fails. They have great support.