Looks Like Sunshine May Have Unlocked The Bootloader.

Wynnded

Reaction score
There's a thread over at The Brown Site (XDA). I'm surprised that there isn't mention of it here. It looks like the Sunshine gang, primarily Beaups, unlocked the bootloader on his Droid Turbo running the latest OTA (Build SU4TL-44/System version 23.21.44). Jcase says testing is ongoing. It's in the General section. I can't remember if it's okay to link to other forums, so....if I shouldn't, let me know.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Was going to post that...but, heck, I've been rooted for a long time. I really don't need a custom rom I can't see much to gain.

But with the first Turbo moving into "no longer supported" land - it will probably never see 6.0 so an unlocked bootloader is about the only chance we have.

OP
Wynnded

Wynnded

Reaction score
But with the first Turbo moving into "no longer supported" land - it will probably never see 6.0 so an unlocked bootloader is about the only chance we have.
Have you read somewhere that the Turbo will not be seeing MM, or was it more speculative information?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
He's totally speculating because Moto already said we were going to get it.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
This is nice but I am waiting on a Permanent Root solution for the Droid Turbo.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Other than MoRo which is not free from my understanding there is no other Way PermaRoot Method. Unlocking the Boot loader is not the same thing.

OP
Wynnded

Wynnded

Reaction score
Other than MoRo which is not free from my understanding there is no other Way PermaRoot Method. Unlocking the Boot loader is not the same thing.
It would seem to me that you're not actually reading any of the thread. Temproot with KingRoot, unlock BootLoader with Sunshine, install TWRP and SuperUser for permanent root.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I completely agree Pere. It involves work to craft such software and the developer is entitled to get paid for their effort.

sent from my Note ll using Magic