Looks like Droid 4 is next up for SOAK testing

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Emails are going out now asking to participate in the Droid 4 software update preview.....

I guess the Droid Razr SOAK and update went well and now it's time for the next device to be updated.

XxdropzxX

Reaction score
Yeah I can't wait for the soak, I just signed up for the soak Test! Hopefully it will be out in a week or so

me_droid

Reaction score
If you are invited to participate, will unrooting using voodoo ota rootkeeper be sufficient or do you have to completely unroot with the d4 utility?

OP
tcrews

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
You don't have to unroot. Root doesn't affect OTA's which is all a SOAK really is....

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

alkaholic

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
You don't have to unroot. Root doesn't affect OTA's which is all a SOAK really is....

That makes sense...but just make sure that you haven't made any changes to the software bundles that Verizon bloats the thing with. I had to jump through hoops for the ICS soak test since I had rooted and used Titanium backup to kill some bloatware -- the update wouldn't validate and wouldn't take, and I ended up having to flash all the way back to stock GB. I would assume that they don't care enough to check to see if you're currently rooted as part of the update process, but it just didn't seem worth it to me--when the nice man from Motorola says unroot, I unroot--and hope it doesn't take too long for somebody to modify the D4 Tool for JB!

silverfang77

Reaction score
You can back up your root with Voodoo Rootkeeper, then unroot, do the update and reroot.

benjamin1

Reaction score
So the invites are out...

The invites are out there judging from what is out on the forums, etc. So when is the test Coming? I think it's been long enough. The ice cream was delicious, but I've got a taste for jelly beans...

Reaction score
Well even though i just signed up the other day i guess i dont get in the soak yet lol. Would this going to droid 4 possible mean the photon would be soon too. My buddy has one of those and has been curious

huatz84

Reaction score
Well even though i just signed up the other day i guess i dont get in the soak yet lol. Would this going to droid 4 possible mean the photon would be soon too. My buddy has one of those and has been curious
Did you mean Photon Q? Haven't seen any signs for its JB updates. The only recent release Moto lineup which is still stucking on ICS. :(