Lookout. Scanning Handcent

boatman2220

Reaction score
Since I got a update for Handcent, Lookout has been scanning and telling me it's OK. Every 15 - 20 minutes it scans it. I uninstall Handcent and reinstall. Same thing, anyone else getting this?

micp1480

Reaction score
What? I haven't had an ounce of problems with handscent, now that I have opened my mouth, watch I start to have troubles.

MICP1480

eryck22

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue after the last update. .
.rather annoying

OP
B

boatman2220

Reaction score
Everything is working. But Lookout keeps scanning Handcent since I got a update yesterday. Never did that before the update. My next step is remove Lookout then reinstall Lookout. Everything is working but it bugs me that it keeps scanning and saying it's OK.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everything is working. But Lookout keeps scanning Handcent since I got a update yesterday. Never did that before the update. My next step is remove Lookout then reinstall Lookout. Everything is working but it bugs me that it keeps scanning and saying it's OK.
Boatman, what is Lookout? Scans for bad apps?

Technoman

Reaction score
I finally just removed Lookout. I was beginning to see no value to it. It scans once on install, and then just sits there eating resources.

I guess if you go and load a bunch of APPS that are not from the market, you might need it. But I am fairly sure that the Market APPS are checked.

Slighter

Reaction score
Same here. Went into settings turned off Ongoing Notifications. For now.

OP
B

boatman2220

Reaction score
Lookout scans all downloads and checks them out. I don't know all the technical stuff, but I thought it couldn't hurt to have it. I haven't heard of people having problems with bad apps but Lookout has Anti-Virus, Data Backup, and Missing Device. Never used anything but the Anti-Virus.

OP
B

boatman2220

Reaction score
I'm beginning to think Lookout isn't needed at this time. My phone isn't Rooted, I only get apps from Market. It was one of the first apps that I downloaded after I got the phone. With a better understanding of how things work now. I don't think I really need a antivirus. It also scans when you download anything from the web, so I kept it and it hasn't bugged me before the update with Handcent.

mslal

Reaction score
This is also a (minor) issue for me as well. I like Lookout for its backup & missing device options, but with my ADD, the "Lookout scanning Handcent" notification is keeping me from getting anything accomplished.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Apps such as lookput are not needed on the Android OS

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't believe there are any known Android viruses yet. Correct me if I'm wrong.