Looking to root

DroidJ

Reaction score
I'm confused on this... I'm a former rooted D1 owner, but the Bionic is a little more complex than the D1. What do I do here.. do I root first, then do the "how to get updates on the D1", or the other way around? Sorry for sounding like a noob, but I just want to be cautious when it comes to rooting. Also is flashing Roms the same as the D1? thanks in advance.

PbSandman7

Reaction score
There are a couple methods for rooting. I believe they are based off of what ota version you are currently on. I would root and 4ever root, download safestrap to create a backup which will then allow you to flash a rom. Make sure you create a backup before you flash a ROM just incase of any issues or errors. You can always flash back to stock and be on the ota path. If you flash a leak ota, you have to jump backwards to get back on path. Not something that really interested me.

Droid3720

Reaction score
I have the free ROM manager app. Do I still need safestrap or bootstrap? I've been wanting to flash a ROM, but not sure.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have the free ROM manager app. Do I still need safestrap or bootstrap? I've been wanting to flash a ROM, but not sure.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

To flash a rom you need one of those two yes.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

bigmook

Reaction score
Rom manager is buggy on the bionic. Stick with bootstrap you won't be dissapponted.

Concistency

Reaction score
Be aware when you use safestrap and then flash to update you will probably run into some errors from the /pre install directory... but its fixable by downloading a couple of files and placing them in there... if your on .893 should be able to use releasedroot. Dont ever use from manager

Sent from my BIONIC using Tapatalk