Looking to root, have a few Q's

AlexSB

Reaction score
Alright well I've been searching around and I have a couple of questions, feels good to be back on Moto, but I need a refresher. I'm planning on using R3l3as3d root, and probably gonna load up Th30ry's moto blur rom (Loved his roms back on the TB).

- I see 5.6.886, 5.7.893, etc. tossed around a lot. Do I need to flash one of these while stock rooted? I see something mentioned on Liberty about being .886 only and can't get .893? Does it matter on Droidtheory's roms?

- What is DroidTheory's base? If I flash Shift3r, then later decide I want to run Liberty, will it have any bearing on it?

Other than that, it's the usual Root, do back up of stock image, wipe everything before flashing a new rom right? Any other things I should know/need to know?

Thanks!

Last edited:

ted1735

Reaction score
Looks like you have it down. As far a Th3ory, the base is the minimum needed to install. You don't need to install anything else. I choose ICS it has all the launchers available and ready for you.

Be sure to wipe data each time you upgrade or change any ROM even from the same developer unless explicitly stated it's not needed.

ROOTED BIONIC! Running Purity-2.3 w/ Ics.....& Webtop hack. Good bye Incredible.

OP
AlexSB

AlexSB

Reaction score
Looks like you have it down. As far a Th3ory, the base is the minimum needed to install. You don't need to install anything else. I choose ICS it has all the launchers available and ready for you.

Be sure to wipe data each time you upgrade or change any ROM even from the same developer unless explicitly stated it's not needed.

ROOTED BIONIC! Running Purity-2.3 w/ Ics.....& Webtop hack. Good bye Incredible.

Cool thanks! But what about the 5.7.893(update?) I read a post where someone said they had to flash each update one by one, then finally flash their ROM of choice, what's that about?

OP
AlexSB

AlexSB

Reaction score
Can anyone clarify this for me?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Where do Nandroid backups happen in all this, or do they? I don't see the Bionic Bootstrap being mentioned in any of these steps. Any help would be great. Thanks.

OP
AlexSB

AlexSB

Reaction score
I did a Nandroid Right after I rooted. So I have a clean stock image post-root.

I just now flashed the 5.7.893, I'm letting my phone charge up a little bit more then I'll boot into Bionic Bootstrap, and Make another back up, then from there I'll flash a ROM.

Hope it helped!

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
So when did you put Bionic Bootstrap on the phone? Right after you rooted? I guess I'm not clear on where you performed the Nandroid from. Thanks.

OP
AlexSB

AlexSB

Reaction score
So when did you put Bionic Bootstrap on the phone? Right after you rooted? I guess I'm not clear on where you performed the Nandroid from. Thanks.

Yep right after I rooted so it went like this:

Downloaded released root
Opened up the program
Rooted
Bought Bionic Bootstrap
Booted into recovery
Made a back up
Flashed 5.7.893
Rebooted my phone and let it run
Booted into recovery again
Another back up,this time of 5.7.893
Finally flashed a ROM lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Awesome, that's exactly what I figured and what I was looking for. Now for me to give it a go. Thanks again.