Looking to record and add an old ringtone.

Slotjunkiex2

Reaction score
New Toy (Droid Razr), found an old ringtone that I would like to download to my phone. The only way I found it was on another site. It plays through the computer speakers. Question is, How do I record the ringtone to my Droid so i can use it?

D

DerrenBrown

Hello friends,

Ring tones are widely available on most phones today, depending on your cell phone service provider. While most ring-tone services charge a download or monthly fee, other services allow users to record and save ring tones to their phones completely free of any charge. Check with various applications and software programs before choosing one because each of them will offer different features and abilities.

Best regards
Derren Brown

nikecar

Reaction score
Right click on the clips link and hit save as or save target as. Then if it's an mp3, transfer it on your phone. Depending on the phone it may be in a folder called ring tones or sounds. If it's a wav file you will need to convert.

Easy way is download audacity. Take an aux cable and run it from the speaker port on your pc to the microphone port. Then start recording and play the clip. You can edit the audacity file afterward.