looking to make phone ring and vibrate

shaq27

Reaction score
I cant make my phone ring and vibrate at the same time when recieving a notification. Any ideas?

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
You can go thru menu, sound and display or use an app like ring toggle.

Ring Toggle v1.2.0 Application for Android | Tools

It lets you simply tap on bell icon and chose any combination of ring, vibrate, both or silent, and then it automatically returns you previous screen.

OP
S

shaq27

Reaction score
It works with incoming calls but not with notification even with sound manager. maybe i am doing something wrong

vpshockwave

Reaction score
It works with incoming calls but not with notification even with sound manager. maybe i am doing something wrong

There may not be an option in the Sound/Display for vibrate on notification, but I think pretty much every notification has an individual vibrate option within itself. For example, you want to vibrate when you get an email in gmail. Go into gmail settings --> turn on vibrate. Same with SMS, etc.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

There may not be an option in the Sound/Display for vibrate on notification, but I think pretty much every notification has an individual vibrate option within itself. For example, you want to vibrate when you get an email in gmail. Go into gmail settings --> turn on vibrate. Same with SMS, etc.

right. there's not one vibrate option for everything (in one place), you have to go to whatever you want to vibrate and tell it to do so.

vpshockwave

Reaction score

right. there's not one vibrate option for everything (in one place), you have to go to whatever you want to vibrate and tell it to do so.

And let's be honest, this is a great thing. One of the best things about Android: Customization.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
so, from your home, hit the menu button, tap settings, tap sound and display, and the option is the 5th one down

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OH! my bad... i missed that part... then do this.. if you are using the native app, open said app, hit the menu button, tap settings, scroll to the bottom (it's the last one)

Mr Steve

Reaction score
OH! my bad... i missed that part... then do this.. if you are using the native app, open said app, hit the menu button, tap settings, scroll to the bottom (it's the last one)

Yep, I've got four Gmail accounts. All four sync, but only two trip the notfication sound and LED. The other two I check at my leisure. You do have to go into EACH account and set the notification parameters.

OP
S

shaq27

Reaction score
It worked. Thanks for the help. i just got my Droid 2 days ago so still trying to figure it out.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
no prob. let us know if you have more questions!