Looking to learn SBF

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Dwyndal, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Dwyndal

Dwyndal New Member

Ok i'm very new to SBF and understand the rules on DF.net about them but i'd like to look into modifying my boot logo and doing some graphic work myself so where can I get some real beef on the SBF system, i just assumed it was a rom manager like spr or clockworkmod but can't seem to get much info on it, and a search here and on google doesn't help much, so any help or tips would be awesome.
  2. ldopa

ldopa New Member

Start looking! There are sooooo many how to threads on sbf. Also check youtube. You can't miss it, you just have to look. I mean, I could explain it, but then I would be enabling you not to search

Hi my name is Domenic and im a DroidForums addict
  3. Dwyndal

Dwyndal New Member

Sure i'll look, as i said i ran searches on the forum search ability and google and know sometimes you regular addicts know where some threads that are a better to go into are but i'll definitely do the elbow grease thing, i learn more along the way

my big thing is i'm not sure what i'm looking for as far as how it applies to flashing / roms and such but time to just learn my own way , thanks for the input.
  4. Dwyndal

Dwyndal New Member

And thanks for the youtube tip, i always forget about that. That will help clear a good path for me.

Cheers
  5. ldopa

ldopa New Member

I definitely will help you as best I can. I'm not trying to brush you off. Its a good idea to look around too though. What phone do you have? D2? D1? Dx?

6. Dwyndal

Dwyndal New Member

I didn't take it as brushing me off, trust me, i am on enough forums of different types to know most questions can be answered typically with a good search but to be honest i have no idea what i'm searchign other than SBF. I was reading a post below mine or above depends where you are about modding boot logos and i have seen some roms requiring you to use SBF for certain thinngs, i guess i need to learn what these things are and what to use them then learn more from there. My initial searches showed me nothing other than the fears of SBF files and dont' use them and blah blah blah so it's cool, my request isn't very clear so i assume there is more to do with SBF than just what I initially thought.

I am on D1
  7. ldopa

ldopa New Member

It seems sbf is a bit different on og droid. I do it a lot on my d2 but i would have to look and study a bit before I could be of help. (i was hoping you'd be on a d2 or dx!) haha. I'm surprised you couldn't find anything on youtube.
    SBF is basically a file that is flashed in a program called rsd lite (ran from this group pc). It puts your phone back to bone dry stock. Right out of the box condition

8. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Well an sbf is more than that. You can write them to install a non stock recovery system, change your bootlogo, wipe the phone to factory stock, and don't forget, break your phone.

Sent from my A855.
  9. ldopa

ldopa New Member

Thank you for clarifying. I've only used them to get my d2 back up.

10. Dwyndal

Dwyndal New Member

That's what I was looking to get into boot logos and such, and yes there are lots of ruts here for that. I will do some but I also read in my searches it can help brick a phone that would most likely require Linux to reflash or not depends on your abilities. So I will review group rsd lite and study around. I also know it's the way to ubroot your phone to factory so its good to understand. Thanks for clearing all that up time to tinker and play haha

And iopa I never looked at YouTube I don't normally research there just guides for parts I don't understand.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums