1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Looking to create a VERY simple app, need help

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by theitcrowd, Sep 28, 2011.

1. theitcrowd

theitcrowd New Member

First off, I work in the IT department at a business and am in charge of the phones. We are currently deploying Droid X2s and to reduce the amount of calls that I receive I have created a help/troubleshooting document that I want to send out to people. To get them to use it, I want to make it available for them directly on their phones. I also want them to be able to access it without them having a data connection (just incase that is the problem).

I want to be able to create icon on the home screen on the phone that they can just click on to access this document. I don't know if there is an easy way to just download a PDF or word document on the phone and then I can create an icon for it on their home screen. Or if I would need to create an app that I could just download on the phone before I sent it out to the users

Just wanted to see what would be the easiest way to go about this? Any suggestions is much appreciated!! Thanks!!
  2. JBirdVegas

JBirdVegas Developer Developer

3. ArcliteSystems

ArcliteSystems New Member

why create an app for this ? why not ask the users to install a pdf viewer and then put the pdf in the home screen of their phones ?
  4. rubiksc00p

rubiksc00p New Member

Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    Yep... What everyone else said. Just put the pdf on and put it on the home screen! :)