Looking to buy Verizon SamSung Tab and only Use Wifi

CoMtnMan

Reaction score
Yes. I signed up for the 2gb plan and there is a new number on my vzw bill that corresponds to the tab but there are no charges for that number. On first boot at the activation screen, I pressed (I think) up vol once then down vol twice then up vol three times then down vol four times or perhaps vice versa (google how to skip activation). Anyways it then asks you if you want to skip activation, click yes and it fully boots. I then bought juice ultimate from the market which in the advanced settings has a tab only option that turns off your 3g/cell radio but leaves wifi enabled. I use it strictly on wifi now and don't have to pay vzw's crappy fees.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums App

CoMtnMan

Reaction score
Rereading your post I think I misunderstood. You have already paid the activation and 2gb plan fees. I'm guessing they activated the tab in the store before you left. I ordered mine off the internet directly from vzw. Sorry for the confusion. I think you are stuck with the fees, but you can always call and cancel the data plan if you are not going to use 3g. It sill works nicely with wifi only.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums App

J. Dub

Reaction score
This is complete bull **** that Verizon gimps this devices Bluetooth and also gimps the ability of us not being able to place calls on it. WTF?
Is there not one ROM for us to get past those two hurdles?
Hell, you'd think VZ would want to make money by selling the voice feature on this phone.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
It's not a phone it's a tablet. If they did that they might not make money off of you twice which is probably why they do it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk