Looking to buy Razr maxx HD with out plan. Best place to buy new?

phatjedi

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a new Razr Maxx HD with out plan. Can anyone tell me where I might get the best price for buying one out right?

huskur

Reaction score
Verizon will be as cheap as any I am sure outside of promotion prices.........Bought my Note 2 without subsidy so I could keep my unlimited data

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
If you want to buy brand new from a reputable retailer, buying directly from Verizon or from Amazon would be your best bet. Depending on what state you live in, you might come out ahead buying from Amazon if you don't have to pay tax. Both sell it off contract for $649.99.

You can also check various online forums, eBay, Swappa, and Craig's List for cheaper deals on used and new phones.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Was that north or south $700 if I may ask?

The Galaxy Note 2 is $699 off contract at full retail. The RAZR MAXX HD is $649. That's before tax.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you're patient / lucky, you can find someone with a BNIB (brand new in box) selling it because they can't return it, or used it for a day, or something like that...

If you use Craigslist, just do the exchange at a Verizon store so they can note it on your account, verify the ESN, etc. You can also check out Swappa.

It just depends on what you want. If brand spankin' new is most important, then as huskur / bsweetness already said, Verizon or Amazon are probably your best bet. 3rd party retailers like Best Buy will always be higher off contract. But if you're ok with "gently used" (but still like new), it could save you $100 to $200, but obviously "caveat emptor" in that situation.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got my Razr HD on Swappa.com for $360.
You might try there. Right now Verizon has open enrollment for Total Equipment Coverage, so you would still be able to have coverage.