Looking to Brand the saying 'Doogle'

spm

Reaction score
What is Doogle.

Doogle is a search of the droidforums.net

What someone post a question that has been covered extensively we tell them to 'Doogle' it

Big Cam

Reaction score
I think you mean google it.

Sorry but doogle sounds stupid. And don't yell at me, that's my opinion.

Hypnotic

Reaction score
Its an ok term sounds a bit funny, but at the same time I probably would get a lot of it seeing as when I search something it always tells me nothing is found...

OP
S

spm

Reaction score
Doogle is a droid google, I know it sounds funny but it is needed.

The problem with 40 threads on the same topic is it hurts the transfer of information.
If we had 1 long thread on say 2.1 then members would be able to gain a greater awareness and share new ideas. When bits of info are splashed through dozens of threads no one really benefits.

wsbsteven

Reaction score
When I see 'Doogle' I think of Doogie. The urban dictionary says 'Doogle' is "To bounce one's testicles to the left and to the right" which is not what you are looking for, I hope.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
The problem with 40 threads on the same topic is it hurts the transfer of information.
If we had 1 long thread on say 2.1 then members would be able to gain a greater awareness and share new ideas. When bits of info are splashed through dozens of threads no one really benefits.
That's a problem on every discussion forum site. Newbies really need to read the FAQ's and search first -- same as any other forum site.

MrTommy

Reaction score
Do we really NEED this? Doogle?

That's a problem on every discussion forum site. Newbies really need to read the FAQ's and search first -- same as any other forum site.

First thing that came to mind was that this 'idea' came from someone with 3 posts. I've nothing against newbies (cuz I'm still basically new...), but c'mon.

nitsuj

Reaction score
Why does there need to be another cutesy word that just means "search". So doogle means droid and google. Search means search the site to find an answer. And everyone knows what search means, and you don't have to sound like 17 year old girl to say it. I will search for things. Due to popular usage, I'm even willing to "google" things. But I don't see the need to add yet another cute nonsensical word that just means search. Just MHO.

Big Cam

Reaction score
What about getting the Mods to make this link Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum - Search Forums (with an magnifiing glass icon) an "insertable object" like a Smilie or the other items on the Message Bar of the Message editior.
I'm a moderator on Clubrsx and we have something like that right next to the new thread button, it helps.

searchfirst.gif