Looking to become a new developer

psychdroid

Reaction score
I have some basic understanding of android, using command lines so on and so forth, and have become increasingly interested in development. I was wondering I could be pointed in the right direction on where to start off. My ultimate goal is to create a rom for the BIONIC since, in my eyes, we don't seem to have to many people working on this device. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are plenty of people here available to tell you what you need. Best case is finding one of the D3 or Bionic dev's, and shoot them a pm or tweet them to see if they can give you a quick run down.

And ADB command line isn't even the half of what you need to build a ROM, in my experience.

OP
psychdroid

psychdroid

Reaction score
I was thinking of just sending ever Bionic dev a pm and see where I get. Im sure there's alot more than ADB to creating a rom that's why I created this thread because there's just so much. Im just trying to learn all I can so I can hit the ground running. Thanks :)

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of just sending ever Bionic dev a pm and see where I get. Im sure there's alot more than ADB to creating a rom that's why I created this thread because there's just so much. Im just trying to learn all I can so I can hit the ground running. Thanks :)

Its much harder than it seems lol...I'm still working on learning development for myself...a good first step is freeing up some hard drive space on your computer, shrinking the windows partition (whatever you're running) and installing a Linux os on the free space and playing around with that for awhile then trying to compile a Linux kernel

Supercharged tweaked Miui.us
Primes deprimed kernel @ 1.2GHz w/ customized kickasskernel tweaks and 3g turbocharger
19.9 linpack score
1921 quadrant score
Zoom zoom ;)

OP
psychdroid

psychdroid

Reaction score
Lol im quickly learning this will take more time than I thought but oh well im really into so im going to try to see how far I get. I have a buddy that started building me a desktop yesterday and im going to run linux on that so im positive I have full capabilities to go at this.
Any one with ideas sites or just the personal experiences in developing let me know i'll make to so remember you. We going to get this BIONIC popping! Lol

Bear in NM

Reaction score
I hope I do not get the ban hammer for posting this link. In case you have not seen this.Droid Bionic - RootzWiki

Not sure how long you have followed rom threads in general, but you really need to be careful in what you pull your source from, how you give credit, and what get's cleared with the dev's upon whom you are relying. Likely you already know this, but one way to get into trouble with us "common" folks is to do what is perceived as a Kang. Pretty easy for folks to get wrapped around the proverbial axle. Heck, I am still trying to get my head around "open source":)

My guess would be that given the limited interest in Bionic goodies, there may not be too many of these fervent anti-kang types in our world, but you never know.

Craig

OP
psychdroid

psychdroid

Reaction score
Thanks Craig I'll surely remember this. Im not trying to claim anything as my own unless it is my very own original work. Credit will surely go to any and all that help even those passing advice in this thread. Im just here to put my own touch one the android community and hopefully everyone will enjoy. I've been on the forum since I had my OG Droid but just recently been looking and learning the true works of how to create. I appreciate the link also :)