Looking into getting a Droid

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by 77Pat, Oct 30, 2010.

1. 77Pat

77Pat Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Right now I am using a Moto w385 and am ready to upgrade. So far I have had the e815 and then the w385 with no problems. Both are great phones with what a phone is supposed to do (call quality, reception, battery life).

I would like to stay with Moto, but none of their phones really draw me right now. I do not need a physical keyboard and the Droid X is just a little too big.

I am going to wait until mid November and see what is going on with the HTC Incredible HD and supposed Nexus 2. If I do not hear anything I will most likely go with the Fascinate.

I would like to wait until LTE, but there are too many time lately where it would have helped having a smartphone. So I could probably hold off until the end of November, but not too much longer. If I keep on waiting for the next best thing I will always be waiting. Just need to buy what I feel has the most potential and be happy.

To me a "perfect" phone would have HTC build quality, Samsung inner hardware/media ability, Moto call quality/reception/, running stock android.

That is not going to happen so I have to make priorities. Even though call quality/reception were highest on my list before, right now I want something different.

Right now I do not use my phone too much for calling, but would like a media player to use while I am commuting on the train. I would be listening to music and watching Amazon videos on demand. I believe Samsung has the edge with the screen and the Wolfson dac.

I do not really want to carry around two devices, but I do have a Sandisk Clip+. So I could carry that for music and use the phone for video, which the Droid X and hopefully Incredible HD should perform well.

Decisions, decisions.

2. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,022
    Current Phone Model:
    Z Force / Nexus 6P
    Twitter:
    smalltownlife13
    Hello and welcome...

I would say you are reasoning this out correctly and you have to find what best suits you...

I currently have the X (size isn't an issue) and once you have it in your hand, it almost seems perfect. I came from a D1 - did not care of the current HTC DI interface.

Good luck on your decision - if you end up with an Android, you are on the right forum!!

3. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12