Looking for tips on moving smoothly to PEv6

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by jdubin, May 14, 2011.

1. jdubin

jdubin New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My D1 has been running CyanogenMod 6.1.0 w/ 2.6.32.9_slayher@1GHz for months now. Nothing fancy (no themes, nothing hogging memory AFAICT), but I'm always waiting for LauncherPro to redraw (local.prop tweak shows no noticeable difference)... or worse, occasionally I can't answer a call due to slowdowns. So I'm thinking about moving to PEv6 (2.3.3 seems to be the current PEv6 beta).

1. Restoring via Titanium (2.2 to 2.3) might be a bad idea, yes? So is there a safe way to backup and restore call logs, texts, etc? I don't care so much about app data - just system stuff.
    2. I've read about clearing caches 3x, but what else should I do to the phone to make sure it's ready for PEv6? What about the SD card, anything special there? Compcache?
    3. I've seen guides (e.g. GLD's method for...) stickied on the forum, but I'm wondering if these guides apply to 2.3.3. Is there a guide yet which will cover me?

I'd like to get my phone back to something I'm not ready to bounce off the concrete, and going to GB would be a nice touch too. Any help is greatly appreciated -- thanks!

2. Zepius

Zepius Member

Ratings:
    +0
    1) if you want to use TiBu (i hate it btw) follow GLD's guide for how to restore with TiBu.
    2) when you're going to install a new rom, wipe data/cache x3 at bare minimum. i take it a step further and wipe /system as well (<3 rzr recovery for making that easy). you dont need to do anything to the SD card, and i personally dont use compcache but some people see improvement
    3) yes it still applies. pe 6 is still 2.3.3 and i would switch to even the beta before going to 5.x.x as there are some major fixes in 6