Looking for those with a rooted droid 2

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you are on 2.2.20 please hit this thread up, thanks.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can you go to root explorer,
click cache

and copy the zip file for 2.2.20

spdivr1122

Reaction score
im rooted and put the bootstrap on. ive had my phone on since 10:30 and using it all day with setcpu custom profiles and im at about 40 %. rooting and setcpu made my battery amazing. and on the original post of how to root i followed the steps on page 17 of that forum

darkonion

Reaction score
im rooted and put the bootstrap on. ive had my phone on since 10:30 and using it all day with setcpu custom profiles and im at about 40 %. rooting and setcpu made my battery amazing. and on the original post of how to root i followed the steps on page 17 of that forum

Sounds like my post! Post #164

xda-developers - View Single Post - How to root the Droid 2

Glad that everyone is finding it useful. If you encounter any problems, please let me know. I am always updating the thread to make more sense.

- - -

I also wrote a tutorial on how to use RSD Lite 4.7 and how to flash back to stock (2.2.20.a955) using RootzWiki MotoBomb (.sbf file). You can find that here:

Tutorial/Walkthrough for flashing an .sbf to Droid 2 (unrooting/factory restore) - xda-developers

Once again, if you come across any hardships, please let me know.

Intrik

Reaction score
So in order to get the 2.2 update I need to un-root by following your un-rooting tutorial, then re-root by following the directions with the Kirbys (>'.')> by them, correct?

revision

Reaction score
Can you go to root explorer,
click cache

and copy the zip file for 2.2.20

Cache shows empty for me. Viewing from Astro, should i use something else?

**edit**
Also went and looked at coworker's d2 rooted and nothing in his cache folder either. I could totally be doing it wrong, just holler.

Last edited:

mza929

Reaction score
im waiting for one button root too.... dont feel confortable on a mac using adb....

darkonion

Reaction score
So in order to get the 2.2 update I need to un-root by following your un-rooting tutorial, then re-root by following the directions with the Kirbys (>'.')> by them, correct?

Nope. Just do the Kirby steps. However, if you remove certain bloatware, and are unable to update, you might need to flash back to stock.

To further clarify:

1. Run the update. Go to menu, settings, about phone, system update. And download and install the update.

2. If your update works, it works. Your new system version should be 2.2.20.a955 or something. If you update fails, you need to find out why. My update failed because I have missing apps. More specically Mynet.apk (or 3G Wifi Hotspot). I was unable to reinstall that.

Or for some other reason why you can't update. If that's the case, you might need to flash the phone back to stock.

Last edited: