Looking for the higheste quality/best Leather Hip holster!

Frankiebonez

Reaction score
I use all the docks so I cant get some fancy case, plus never been a fan. Always have had leather hip holsters. Where can I get a really good high quality leather one? I have the BS one I got with my package deal from Costco but its ghetto and I need the BEST for this baby haha!

Thanks!

BLAZE86DUBZ

Reaction score
i use the large velcro one from niteyes phone fit perfect in there with the incipio case its not leather though

MikeWest

Reaction score
I'm looking for the same thing. You might want to check out:

Motorola Droid Bionic Leather Case Vertical Removable Two Clips Black
They also sell on Amazon for a little higher price.

It's the Cellet "Leather Case Vertical Removable Two Clips Black"

Pros:
  • Belt Clips are removable and interchangeable. The swivel clip looks like it will hold up for a while. Haven't used the fixed clip, but it looks like it does the job if that's what you're looking for.
  • At least "average" construction. Single stitched, it should hold up for a year or two. The leather looks moderately shiny and very smooth, which means that it is the cheapest, most processed leather you can get. That's exactly what I would expect and it's what you get in just about all these consumer products, so it is really an observation and not a criticism.
  • The magnet clasp is reasonably strong, even better than the one on my genuine blackberry case. Phone should not be sliding out on it's own.
  • The price: I paid $9.99 plus $4 - $5 shipping. Of course, it's on sale now for $5.99. that's my life story.

Cons:
  • The swivel clip (which is why I bought it) has a quick release button to drop the case from part of the belt clip. That button gets depressed by my fat rolls, I mean, "love handles" when I sit in the car. Working on this problem at the gym, now, but the solution is not a quick one. So, this is pretty much a guarantee that the phone will be lost. Skinny people may have better luck.
  • It is snug with the standard battery. While the inside feels smooth and has a very thin velour feel to it, all you need is one speck of sand to get in there and you get to test the gorilla glass. Definitely get a screen protector.
  • I haven't tried it yet, but there's no way the extended battery will fit.
  • Because of the snug fit, it is a two-handed operation to remove the phone from the holster.
  • The sides of the case are a nice stretch material that looks like it will hold up. Unfortunately, this blocks the micro-USB and HDMI ports, so you can't charge the phone in its case.

So, if anyone has any better solutions, I'm all ears. There is a dearth of classy looking cases out there. It looks like I'll just get the ugly Verizon BioHOC holster/case and where it like a geek badge of honor. Yuk.