looking for substitute for adobe flash player

TomTom0825

Reaction score
Hi Droid users, I just bought a Droid and love it so far. In order to watch TV programs on major networks, (ABC, FOX, CBS, etc.) you need an Adobe Flash Player. Adobe doesn't have a version for the Droid yet. Is there a substitute? Thanks so much!

tdpolo26

Reaction score
there is an ap called cbs tv i believe i havent messed with it myself but it supposedly is ready to go no flash needed

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
you can check out the app ORB too... it is for streaming video and audio from your home computer to your phone. If you have a cable card hooked to your computer you can apparently watch TV on your droid with decent quality. I don't tho. ORB is great, but only OK on the droid, still needs some updates...

no flash tho. just wait.

djrakun

Reaction score
The cbs app is called tv.com. it's ok; has a lot of ads. There is a discovery channel app as well. Same thing: quality is ok, and lots of ads. Nothing I can find for hulu, which to me is the most important. Supposedly flash will be ready for 2.1 after march madness is over, but I've been hearing more rumored release dates from adobe than I have for vzw's ota 2.1. Maybe they are having some kind of competition.

Ps if you're willing to shell out the bucks to buy a hava, orb with hava player as a virtual tv tuner works really well on the droid. Easy to set up once you have the hardware.