Looking for some help with Bluetooth and Wired audio priorities

gambit07

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've got a motorcycle helmet with a bluetooth add on which supports stereo music and phone calls. The stereo speakers are located in the helmet and they're great for around town but when I'm on the freeway I like to use earbuds instead. On my original Droid if I plugged in my headphones they would override the bluetooth audio but I would still be able to control some aspects of the music with my bluetooth controls (track forward, track back). Anyway on the X if I plug in my headphones they do not override bluetooth audio, no sound comes through the headphones so in order to play music through my earbuds I have to turn off bluetooth all together. My question is this, is there somewhere I can edit bluetooth priorities? I would like plugged in headphones to have first priority, I'm sure it must be possible since the Droid allowed me to do this, but I'm not sure how to go about doing it. I would really appreciate any insight on this. Thanks!

Rasper912

Reaction score
I know "Tasker" can do this. And a ton more. But that's all I've got. Might check it out!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
gambit07

gambit07

Reaction score
Awesome thanks for the suggestion, I will definitely check it out!

Rasper912

Reaction score
You're welcome. It is very intimidating app to use. So, if you take the time to learn it, it can blow you away.

Spoken into a can, attached to some string, attached to another can that YOU happen to be holding.

muddychief

Reaction score
What is your helmet set up I've been looking for a good bluetooth setup

OP
gambit07

gambit07

Reaction score
You're welcome. It is very intimidating app to use. So, if you take the time to learn it, it can blow you away.

Spoken into a can, attached to some string, attached to another can that YOU happen to be holding.

Haha, yeah I was actually going to ask you if you might have some experience doing that since it looks pretty complex, I'm not quite sure where I would locate bluetooth/wired priorities.

Muddychief: I use the Sena SMH10, it's approximately $160 and it's awesome. Full bluetooth controls work flawless for skipping forward, back, play/pause, volume control and answering and making calls when you don't have earbuds in. It's really simple to use, and it supports an intercom as well if other's have the same unit. The quality of the stereo sound is awesome around town, but I like to have noise cut out when riding at higher speeds which is why I want to figure out how to make it work with earbuds. On my droid it worked well, even with earbuds in I could skip forward and back and answer calls/ make calls with voice dial, however I never could get it to play/pause or use volume control correctly. I hope I'll be able to figure tasker out and get some of that back on the DX. I would definitely recommend that unit though, best value for price out there

OP
gambit07

gambit07

Reaction score
Hey guys, another question I've got is whether someone on 2.3, either liberty or just the leak, could inform me if the bluetooth acts the same way. So whether when bluetooth is on if you can plug in a 3.5mm headset and have it override the audio. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Rasper912

Reaction score

Haha, yeah I was actually going to ask you if you might have some experience doing that since it looks pretty complex, I'm not quite sure where I would locate bluetooth/wired priorities.

Ok, as I'm sure you know, just thinking about how to explain how to set up a profile in Tasker to do what you want is daunting(Unless you're a programmer lol).

Bluetooth will be under state. As in what state your phone is in. Such as: screen on, music playing, battery under 50%, Bluetooth on ect. All of these are states that your phone is in. Hope I'm helping instead of walking in circles.

Rasper912

Reaction score
Hey guys, another question I've got is whether someone on 2.3, either liberty or just the leak, could inform me if the bluetooth acts the same way. So whether when bluetooth is on if you can plug in a 3.5mm headset and have it override the audio. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

You should re-ask this question in either one or both of the threads for those ROMs I'd answer if I could but I don't have a Bluetooth device to test with.