Looking for Razr Maxx dock adapter

dhinged

Reaction score
I have looked everywhere but I cannot find the Razr Maxx adapter for the Motorola docks. I got sent the dock with only the Razr adapter and the seller does not exist anymore. Does anyone have one?

brucefulton

Reaction score
I have looked everywhere but I cannot find the Razr Maxx adapter for the Motorola docks. I got sent the dock with only the Razr adapter and the seller does not exist anymore. Does anyone have one?

If it's the one I'm thinking of from Motorola, the adapter is for the Razr because the phone is slightly thinner, the Maxx doesn't need an adapter because the dock is the bigger size. Are you sure it doesn't fit without an adapter?

OP
dhinged

dhinged

Reaction score
No, it doesn't sit in there right because it hangs at an angle without it and sometimes doesn't go into landscape mode. It could be damaging the port as well. The adapter has like a half-centimeter piece on the bottom that the Maxx rests on.

Reaction score
No, it doesn't sit in there right because it hangs at an angle without it and sometimes doesn't go into landscape mode. It could be damaging the port as well. The adapter has like a half-centimeter piece on the bottom that the Maxx rests on.

The dock requires a different adapter for each phone. You have to get the adapter for the maxx from Motorola if it didn't already come with the dock.

OP
dhinged

dhinged

Reaction score
The dock requires a different adapter for each phone. You have to get the adapter for the maxx from Motorola if it didn't already come with the dock.

That's what I wrote in my original post! Obviously nobody who actually read and understood my original post has this adapter.

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
I read your original post, I have the adapter but I am using it for my phone, I believe the previous poster was possibly suggesting to try to contact Motorola for a replacement as it appears you may not be able to get it anywhere second hand.

We are the Droid!!
You will be assimilated!!
Resistance is futile!!

greyghost04

Reaction score
I discovered that the dock with the adapter removed, works fine with my Maxx and a silicon case I have on it. Didn't realize the adapter was on the dock until I read the above posts. Removed it and now I can dock my Maxx without removing the case. Bought the case for 3 bucks at verizon.com. Fits great and gives me a better grip in my Maxx, which is like a bar of soap without a case.