Looking for new texting app besides Handcent

warren83

Reaction score
Hello,

I am getting sick of the double messages with Handcent so I am now exploring other options for texting. Any recommendations?
Thanks
Warren

Kack

Reaction score
Have you tried chompsms it is the equivalent to handcent. i ran it for a while just prefer handcent. have you tried uninstalling and re=installing handcent?

OP
W

warren83

Reaction score
I did not try to uninstall. Will I lose my current text messages?
Thanks

Dawg

Reaction score
Hello,

I am getting sick of the double messages with Handcent so I am now exploring other options for texting. Any recommendations?
Thanks
Warren
yeah I hate the double messages and mine is a fresh install

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There's another thread somewhere with a fix. Did you guys go into the default messaging app and turn off notifications and auto-retrieve?

OP
W

warren83

Reaction score
I had notifications off but not auto-retrieve. I turned that off now also.

M

Matth3w

There's another thread somewhere with a fix. Did you guys go into the default messaging app and turn off notifications and auto-retrieve?
It has nothing to do with notifications or auto retrieve.

I left handcent for this same reason. I went back to the stock app, but it screws up the contact names sometimes. ChompSMS is the only messaging app I have used with zero bugs.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with notifications or auto retrieve.

I left handcent for this same reason. I went back to the stock app, but it screws up the contact names sometimes. ChompSMS is the only messaging app I have used with zero bugs.

It's definitely a weird bug. I was getting two sets of notifications until I did the above fix, now it is fine. I wasn't getting them until SG 6.0 came out and then suddenly I was getting 2 notifications, one for each app. I know there is another issue were some folks get 2 identical messages from the same person. I have not had that happen to me...yet:)

How's the ride?

OP
W

warren83

Reaction score
Dupes this morning

This morning I received 4 text messages and this is what happened. There was a #4 in red listed on the top notification. the messages popped up and I deleted them all within the pop up box but the #4 in the top notification was still there until I opened that up and deleted them within that.

Hmmmm....

thanks