Looking for my next phone, G4 or Nexus 6

Discussion in 'LG G4' started by SILVER COUPE, Jul 17, 2015.

1. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,397
    I feel like everyone in this thread provided great information and I really do not have much to add.

I know I chose the nexus for several reasons, first being I have been waiting to see a motorola nexus since I owned the moto Droid and then saw Google release the Nexus One. Motorola going blur and locked bootloader with the Droid X and Droid 2 made it hard for me to for see a motorola nexus, so to finally have one in my hands is awesome. I love the Motorola radios and feel that they are at the top of the industry, they should be being they been doing it for awhile.

The other reason is the adaptability, being one of the first Nexus and phone to work on all 4 LTE networks means no matter where I am or if I travel (or move) my phone will work even if my network doesn't (I'll just have to switch out sim cards).

With all that said I can not overlook several areas of concerns starting with the camera in low light situations. If you big on posting nightlife photos on social network then the LG may be the better device, as stated by several in this thread.

The other concern at times is the battery life. Though good in comparison, if you are coming from a note phone then it will feel like a slight drop off, but turbo charging does make up for it.

Also if you are patient you are about to have some nice options that will be either cheaper or at a similar price.

2. SILVER COUPE

SILVER COUPE Active Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G6
    thanks everyone, a lot of good input here. i want to leave Verizon because my kids and i are going through a lot of data, i pay $240 for three lines with 10G of data for all to share. with T Mobile for about the same price i would get three new phones with 10G of data for each line, plus unlimited music streaming. i live in norfolk and work in VA Beach, i dont venture out of the hampton roads area much, i do have WIFI at home. everyone i spoke with are satisfied with T Mobile except one person who does not get reception in his home(portsmouth) but he also does not have WIFI at home either. if the service is good in norfolk, va beach then i am happy. i have an LG G2 and like it very much, i think the G4 would be a nice upgrade.

3. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,338
    My biggest concern wasn't that area but the area getting from Petersburg area to there via 460.
    Granted I haven't been way off the main roads in Hampton Roads area but where I did travel it worked fine.
    One area of concern, which might be what you mentioned by the 1 that didn't get good reception is building penetration. I areas with like signal, Verizon wins that one hands down BUT while T-Mobile isn't adding much more in cells, they are quickly switching their existing network to more building penetration friendly signal frequencies. They might be in an area that hasn't updated yet. Again a T-Mobile rep can show you where the signals in your area are the new frequencies vs the old.

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4

4. TYUI

TYUI Banned

Ratings:
    +3
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 4
    I choose the LG G4 .
    20150504_134946S.jpg 20150504_141828SS.jpg 20150504_140704ss.jpg 1.jpg 4.jpg 1.jpg 4.jpg 3.jpg 0.jpg 2.jpg

#16 TYUI, Jul 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,026
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7 Plus JB
    Good choice..

6. TYUI

TYUI Banned

Ratings:
    +3
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 4
    LG G4 is good but the original leather back cover is easily damage. If you always take off the back cover and replace the battery, the leather back cover will be damaged.

1.jpg 4.jpg 3.jpg 1.jpg 4.jpg 8.jpg 1.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

#18 TYUI, Jul 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  7. Ollie

Ollie Droid Does

Ratings:
    +2,479
    Current Phone Model:
    Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
    For the same price you are paying on Verizon you will get Unlimited LTE data on all phones on the account. Unlimited, unthrottled.

Tmobile has a seven day test drive that is free. They will send you an i5S to use without a cost to you which you drop off at the nearest authorized TMO store on the 7th day.

That is how we did it and found their network to be just as good as everyone else's in our neck if the woods.

• Like Like x 2
  8. jackiescivic

jackiescivic Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +952
    Yep, I was just going to recommend the test drive. I tell EVERYONE that is interested in T-Mobile to do it. I did it and found the signal was just as bad in my neighborhood as it was 3 years ago. But surrounding areas were better.

Sent from my Verizon G4

9. Ollie

Ollie Droid Does

Ratings:
    +2,479
    Current Phone Model:
    Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
    Yeah it is hit or miss. Where they do have wifi calling to compensate for a lesser network I don't find wifi calling to be a reason to leave another carrier. It is still in its infancy and has issues on some phones. It works great on my Note Edge when I tested it, but on the wife's Note 4 it drops calls consistently.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SILVER COUPE

SILVER COUPE Active Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G6
    well ive gone ahead and made the switch to T Mobile and the G4. so far so good, the T Mobile network does not connect as fast as im use to on verizon, but once it connects im satisfied with the results. im loving the G4, although there are some issues with it, the main one being the keyboard not registering key punches once in awhile. i tried the native keyboard and google keyboard, no change, i also tried the touch screen booster app thats in the play store but its not much help. hopefully an update will correct this. so far im happy with my choices.