looking for most stable froyo rom

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by rancid1, Jun 20, 2010.

1. bodean

bodean Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Petes BB would be at the top of my list....................if it didn't reboot 10x a day.

2. JP 5.56

JP 5.56 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I've been running Kangerade with ChevyNo1's 1100 LV kernel and its been really good. No FCs, super smooth and battery life is good.

3. justin82

justin82 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +210
    +1 this is the rom i keep coming back to. i have tried chevy,pete, banned word:blackdroid:, woodyman, and jrummy.. TC for me all the way..

BTW recently switched over to TC from :blackdroid:.. like the support that they give. they are always willing to help.. they have several themes. and cool boot animations :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

4. brando56894

brando56894 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Glad Im not the only one, I didnt have problems with 0.1 or 0.2 but 0.2.1 would randomly shut down my phone even though the battery life would be fine. Id turn it back on and Id have like 60% of the battery left!

Kangerade is extremely fast at first but after like 2 or three days it really slows down one me, I have to crank it up to 1.1 ghz a few days after installation just to make it run like it did the first day at 800 mhz.

Ill check out team chaos since that seems to be the general consensus here.

5. BlazinCaucasian

Ratings:
    +0
    I have had great success with team chaos

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

6. aross6

aross6 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Most stable rom is easily the Stock Froyo updated leak (aka leak 2) with an OC Kernel. I've been on pretty much all of them, Jrummy, Bugless Beast, Chev's, UD, Team Chaos, and I keep coming back to the Stock leak simply for the reason that it will give you the least amount of issues (remember Froyo is still in R&D beta as a whole tho, don't expect it to be 100% perfect from anyone)... we have 3 droids plus 4 friends with droids and I've rooted and rom'd 'em all... just my $.02!!!

7. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +315
    They're all stable... for some people. :icon_eek:

8. BeADroid

BeADroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    UD Froyo eXtreme RC2. This has been the best for me, I tried the leaked releases and BB and chevyrom. But this worked the best. they all have been head and tails above 2.1. I think that you need to try a few and see what works best on your phone and for what you need.
    I for one, love the UD control center. I do not want to be without, and I heard that in the next froyo realse from UD, it will have the full UD control center, with color and text changes available. That is my 2 cents.:gotmyvote:

9. mising

mising Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine seems to like the Team Chaos Clean Black the best at the moment. The only time it reboots is if I do it manually. No force closes yet, been running for a couple weeks now. I can't wait til Koush gets a hold of the source for 2.2! Then I will have to decide between Smoked Glass-esque, Drop Theme, and Team Chaos again...

It seems the phones may be particular to different ROMS the same as they are with Kernels. I have been able to run mine with a 1.25 kernel without any problems, but my co-workers crashes with anything over 800.

So just trial and error until you find one that looks good and runs good, but that's the fun part of owning this this phone.

#21 mising, Jun 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  10. millbean

millbean Member

Ratings:
    +0
    right now running the stock 2.2 with root and 928droids theme chevys ulv 1.2 kernel and its silky smooth and quick .
    (not sure how much effect this has on the smoothness but changed set cpu to performance as opposed to on demand)

11. alucard9114

alucard9114 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    SS 4.1 is the best rom out there just wipe and use launcherpro

12. cruzhm

cruzhm New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using bugless beast 0.2 beta. With a few tweaks it has been the most stable so far. Pretty good explanation of tweaks under his section. Using Chevy 1.2 mv kernel.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Search tags for this page
most stable droid x2 rom 2013
most stable froyo romu8500
stable froyo rom for vibrant
xtremerc2

xtremerc2@gmail.com